Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon "R600g" Gallium3D Driver Merged To Master

Phoronix: Radeon "R600g" Gallium3D Driver Merged To Master

Those owners of ATI Radeon HD 2000, 3000, and 4000 series (R600/700) graphics cards not only have a reason to celebrate today over the voltage adjustment support to improve their GPU power management, but there's another reason too. The Radeon R600 Gallium3D driver known as "R600g" has been merged to Mesa's mainline "master" code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wish I was back home with my HD4850 .

Comment

Hopefully the xorg-edgers gallium PPA will enable r600g soon, even though it's in an early state.

Comment

good news, hope this ends up in a ppa soon I will eagerly try it.

Comment

Did you Ubuntu folks not read the article? It's not ready for folk to use yet! The only reason I'm guessing it's been merged is to help it keep up with the churn that happens to Gallium everyday

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            Did you Ubuntu folks not read the article? It's not ready for folk to use yet! The only reason I'm guessing it's been merged is to help it keep up with the churn that happens to Gallium everyday
            No need for namecalling. It doesn't make your point more valid and we don't appreciate it.

And yes they should read it better.

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
              No need for namecalling. It doesn't make your point more valid and we don't appreciate it.

Calling people who use Ubuntu, Ubuntu folk isn't name calling.

I'm pretty sure that only Ubuntu uses the term PPA for non-official repositories so I feel my comments were accurate. No one asked for something to be added to RPM fusion, Debian unstable, Mandivia cooker or a gentoo overlay.

Whether or not you appreciate having your fellow Ubuntu users called out on bazaar (get it?) requests doesn't mean I wasn't right in doing so

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post

Are you suggesting that Ubuntu folk is an offense?

Comment

So what if it's not ready? Has that ever stopped someone from using something? I don't see why the xorg-edgers ppa wouldn't consider offering a build of the driver in it's current state just for testing purposes.

Comment

I suspect that for now the driver isn't going to render anything. Check this commit. Shader compiler is too unstable, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X