• Vii7
    replied
    Any solution to this problem?

..and also.

Leave a comment:

• jamey0824
    replied
    Bug reporting site

Does ati have an official site to report bugs, and view existing bugs? Because its real pain trying the drivers every month to see if they happen to fix a problem, that isn't in there known bugs. Maybe, I am just blind but I have never found where you are suppose to report bugs.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    I don't see why the video quality would be any lower. I am assuming the flickering is due to the lack of CPU power, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it works fine for me.
    Last time I tried it (cat 10.4) it made my video pixelated. (mobility 2600)

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    For a lot of people that causes poorer video quality and/or flickering so is not an ideal solution yet.
    I don't see why the video quality would be any lower. I am assuming the flickering is due to the lack of CPU power, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it works fine for me.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    You are making yourself look even more like a noob. The tearing is part of the video output on the media player, not the CPU. Set your output module to OpenGL and set Vsync inside Catalyst to "On, unless otherwise specified" and watch tearing magically disappear. BTW, I am not trying to belittle you, but you might want to do a bit more research before posting.
    For a lot of people that causes poorer video quality and/or flickering so is not an ideal solution yet.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Originally posted by WildcatWhiz View Post
    Really? That's odd. I have a quad core Phenom and I get consistent tearing when rendering is done on the CPU. Didn't happen when I had an Nvidia card installed, which rendered on the GPU.

Please don't make wild belittling statements like that. I know a great deal about what I'm talking about.
    You are making yourself look even more like a noob. The tearing is part of the video output on the media player, not the CPU. Set your output module to OpenGL and set Vsync inside Catalyst to "On, unless otherwise specified" and watch tearing magically disappear. BTW, I am not trying to belittle you, but you might want to do a bit more research before posting.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    For clarity, we don't run the site, but I guess we can ask...

Leave a comment:

• Ishayu
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    The tracker does get shut down for maintenance periodically (last time was a few months ago IIRC). I'm not sure if that qualifies as "sad", though....
    It doesn't, but maybe you should put up a maintenance page to avoid confusion.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    The tracker does get shut down for maintenance periodically (last time was a few months ago IIRC). I'm not sure if that qualifies as "sad", though....

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by noobish View Post
    Where do said logs, postings, and bug reports belong? Lead me to water, for I wish to gulp (and get my issue solved!).
    http://ati.cchtml.com/

but that unfortunately seems to be down right now

Mr. Bridgman any ideas ?

I know that bugtracker is unofficial but shutting down the only direct access line to the fglrx developers is ... sad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X