No announcement yet.

10.5 is out. come and get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plp are using evergreen cards now, and playing wine games with them, i am using a 4350 feature complete (wine and video acceleration). Who is using fermi middle class?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      plp are using evergreen cards now, and playing wine games with them, i am using a 4350 feature complete (wine and video acceleration). Who is using fermi middle class?
      Fedora 13 users aren't...

But, if they owned a Fermi card, Fedora 13 could be installed and the card can be used.

I've read mixed results for users of Evergreen cards in Ubuntu 10.04 but if you say so...

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
        But, if they owned a Fermi card, Fedora 13 could be installed and the card can be used.
        Really, what are the steps to setup a fermi middle class (let's say 200$) on fedora 13? it is working out of the box? VDPAU fine?

Comment

I also have a 4350 card, and as fas as I know it is not really feature complete, for example hw deinterlacing with video acceleration is not working at all.

Comment

Really, what are the steps to setup a fermi middle class (let's say 200$) on fedora 13? it is working out of the box? VDPAU fine?
            For Linux x86 and 640bit, on the Nvidia page for GTX 480 and GTX 470, it states driver support for xserver 1.8.

Therefore, one is probably safe to assume those cards will work in Fedora 13. At the very least, there'll be a usable desktop.

Comment

ATI should give Fedora prerelease drivers with xserver 1.8 support - that's what they do for Ubuntu too...

Comment

Does anybody know what the status of Xvba decoding is in this release? It seems like no matter what I do, I get awful tearing in DVD playback with my 5770 on Linux. It's a joke.

Comment

ATI Catalyst 10.5

Have everyone notice when installing the latest ATI driver 10.5 on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx; when trying to uninstall center or any other package, it wants to remove the new ATI driver with it, and I have no clue what going on or if its Ubuntu Lucid Lynx error...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    ATI should give Fedora prerelease drivers with xserver 1.8 support - that's what they do for Ubuntu too...
                    I support this post.

it might really be helpful to have a running (working) Fedora installation with fglrx as a backup plan (especially if you're dependent on bleeding edge components !)

Comment

This driver singlehandedly turned pretty much every Wine application I have from "almost but not quite working" to "working completely fine - platinum".

Plus my own OpenGL/GLUT applications would usually display static flicker until I updated the screen the first time. (Which I didn't for a while to display a laoding screen)
                      It worked fine on NVIDIA cards, but it didn't work on ATI cards. Now it works on ATI cards, too!

The patchnotes don't even come close to describe what was done in this driver release - it is absolutely amazing!

Thank you, ATI. For once: Really thank you.

Time to get into Linux gaming. I finally can!

Comment

Working...
                      X