gallium swrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gallium swrast

guyz my congrats to the fallium swrast team, i've been testing it and im pleasingly surprised about how good is getting.

im astonished that even kwin composite works 100% like a charm with gallium swrast, i could say even a bit faster than the r300 mesa driver.

since my laptop radeon x1200 isn't supported for the gallium driver due to the lack of verter shader, swrast save the day.

now i was thinking this.

1. is it possible to make other gallium drivers like r300 to partially fallback to swrast? like r300 for all operations and swrast for vertex shaders only?

2. is it possible to have r300/nouveau works with swrast in parallel to improve the frame rate, at least on slow machines and laptops? aka render in both GPU and CPU.

for those interested in my experience with this new driver, here it is.

* 2d accel feels peachy
    * 3d accel is actually quite good for a 512kb cache turion x2, is not like you can play crisis either but for a peachy composite desktop is more than enough
    * Xv is tear free but it slows down a bit when heavy scrooling but nothing serious, is still 4500330495 times better than fglrx
    * virtualbox 2/3d accel actually works quite well, again not to do intensive cad or gaming but is enough to have a snappy desktop with 3D for basic stuff like flash or 3d screensavers
    * Cpu usage, well for normal virtualbox/composited desktop+ video playing + normal office stuff + kdevelop is actually hard to notice that you are using swrast instead of r300 mesa or gallium in this crappy laptop hardware, imagine in a recent pc.
    * about games i havent tested any, even using windows in this laptop most games are unplayable so i dont bother.

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    1. is it possible to make other gallium drivers like r300 to partially fallback to swrast? like r300 for all operations and swrast for vertex shaders only?
    The plan to is eventually use llvm for vertex shaders on asics without hw vertex shaders.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      The plan to is eventually use llvm for vertex shaders on asics without hw vertex shaders.
      sweet you guyz

Comment

Working...
      X