Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwat47
    replied
    Yes, I know about the backclear patch and always use it when I use fglrx.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    opps. No, the backclear patch is the better one. I should not post after drinking some nice Mai UrBock.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans View Post
    Does there exist another and better patch than the backclear patch?
    yes. Much better.

Leave a comment:

• Hans
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    not the backclear patch, there is even a better one.
    Does there exist another and better patch than the backclear patch?

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    not the backclear patch, there is even a better one.

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    what he's trying to say: try to apply the backclear patches to X. That'll speed up fglrx.

It doesn't do much for the OSS drivers though, they don't hit that specific bottleneck.

In any case, neither driver should be that slow with KDE4 - it's faster for me with fglrx, and from what I read it's faster with the OSS drivers as well.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    it reacts quickly here. If you are using a cool distro, you can unbreak X and then it flies. Not everything is caused by the drivers. Sometimes X change to make the life easier for Intel and everybody else suffers....
    I'm don't think its possible for this post to be more ambiguous.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    KDE is REALLY slow for me with both fglrx and the oss radeon drivers(mobility 2600 and 4870 tested). Kwin compositing is really unresponsive, opening the kde menu has like a 3 second delay before it renders, its awful. I havent used kde with nvidia so I cant comment on that though.
    it reacts quickly here. If you are using a cool distro, you can unbreak X and then it flies. Not everything is caused by the drivers. Sometimes X change to make the life easier for Intel and everybody else suffers....

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Compiz yeah, but the "legendary support" for KWin is hardly something to be proud of.

How long did it take nVidia to get decent performance with KDE4? A year? When all other drivers were just fine?

For those of us stuck with older nVidia cards, it is still buggy, and will remain like that forever.
    KDE is REALLY slow for me with both fglrx and the oss radeon drivers(mobility 2600 and 4870 tested). Kwin compositing is really unresponsive, opening the kde menu has like a 3 second delay before it renders, its awful. I havent used kde with nvidia so I cant comment on that though.

Leave a comment:

• bolzerrr
    replied
    hm i just tried the vaapi in xbmc- always crashes on my 4200, fglrx 10.4 lucid 64, latest libva1,xvba from splitted desktop..

anyone got this running?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X