X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
    So when will they start fixing the serious bugs such as
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/351186
    Its a fault in xserver primary. To avoid this bug in karmic use the https://launchpad.net/~k0ekk0ek/+archive/ppa, in lucid you can use https://launchpad.net/~info-g-com/+a...-xorg-1.7.6-gc

Comment

10.4 runs fine here - although I'm reduced to the horror of installing directly from driver download rather than using emerge, at least until I find out what I broke. That's just laziness on my part though (dilligaf).
      Do have some problems with shaders however. In particular, using floating point literals with smoothstep results in a syntax error, and there are some interesting problems with glVertexAttribPointer. This could of course stem from errors in my own code. Will have to investigate more.

Comment

Originally posted by waucka View Post
        Wow. It supports X Server 1.7. How cutting-edge. I bet NVIDIA is jealous.
        Don't worry, xorg 1.8 support will surely take another half year to get done.

Comment

10.4 breaks KWin compositing for me, but that's not really an issue since I don't use it anyway. Otherwise running fine on XServer 1.6

Comment

Originally posted by Koorac View Post
            10.4 breaks KWin compositing for me, but that's not really an issue since I don't use it anyway. Otherwise running fine on XServer 1.6
            I've had problems with Kwin too, though part of it might be a messed up amdpcsdb file. I've given the new 2D accel a try and it's rather nice, right off the bat the only bug I can see is that the "close" button for fullscreen applications isn't visible.
            Xv output seems to have improved too on my box. I do have TexturedVideo and TexturedVideoSync on in xorg.conf though, not sure it helps or not, anyway I had a hard time spotting a difference between VLC with Xv output and SMplayer with OpenGL on the same file.

Comment

Originally posted by phtpht View Post
              Don't worry, xorg 1.8 support will surely take another half year to get done.
              Why wait for so long. Using the 10.4 with 1.8.0.1 without problems in arch.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1 View Post
                Okay, so the other day I won a smoking new PC over at HotHardware.com, which included an ATI Radeon HD 5870 video card.
                Yo lucky bastard, you should insisted on getting a Fermi instead of the new ATI card.

Old ATI card == OSS drivers yeah!
                New ATI card == crappy fglrx lock up glitch stutter slow down

Old NV card == NV binary driver works!
                New NV card == NV binary driver works!

take your pick

Comment

@bridgman:

could you please ask the devs of catalyst / fglrx what "error 7" in libGL.so.1.2 means ?

I'm still getting it and have tried it meanwhile with all the different combinations I can think of

from 2.6.32 to 2.6.34-rc6
                  from gcc 4.3* to gcc 4.5*
                  from hardened to non-hardened
                  from amd64 to x86
                  from nopat to pat
                  from enabling to disabling uvesafb

nothing has helped

it HAS TO BE a kind of regression from 10.1 starting with 10.2, 10.3 to 10.4 which doesn't allow me to use compositing and 3D apps anymore on my system (gentoo unstable/testing)

many thanks in advance for your information

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                    Yo lucky bastard, you should insisted on getting a Fermi instead of the new ATI card.

Old ATI card == OSS drivers yeah!
                    New ATI card == crappy fglrx lock up glitch stutter slow down

Old NV card == NV binary driver works!
                    New NV card == NV binary driver works!

take your pick
                    I'm picking option #2 for my next desktop build solely because of this unless nVidia do another FX 5XXX on us...

Of course the greens were ALWAYS a better team than the reds, even back in ancient history.

Comment

yeah, hurt the company that works together with the FLOSS communty to create good open drivers. That is such a smart choice....

and if you think the nvidia drivers are great, go to the nvnews forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X