Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 X.Org Driver Released

Phoronix: xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 X.Org Driver Released

It's been over a year since the last major release of the ATI X.Org driver, xf86-video-ati 6.12.0, but today the xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 driver has finally replaced this open-source ATI graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

HDMI support?

Any word on when HDMI support will be released for R700? A developer was working on it, but I'm curious as to when it might be released and packaged.

Comment

Man, I hope it's not too late to get this into Lucid.

Comment

AFAIK Lucid has been picking up the WIP 6.13 code on a regular basis for a while, so it would just be a question of picking up the last few fixes.
        Test signature

Comment

It is really interesting that lucid is the primary target for final releases now. For 10-4 fglrx and even for the oss driver Ubuntu is privileged, Fedora (and others) only got git snapshots for long time - even when a dev works for Red Hat.

Comment

Huh ? The only connection to Lucid AFAIK was that geoffp asked about it getting into Lucid. A lot of distros release at this time of year.
            Test signature

Comment

Yeah; if anything this is timed better for Fedora 13 than it is for Lucid, since Lucid is about a week from final freeze while final freeze is still a month off for Fedora. I doubt that it was specifically targeted to any distro's release cycle, though. I would expect that the main concern is that the relevant ioctls are mostly frozen and in mainline before making a "real" release.

Comment

"should please some users"
                Hahahaha epic xD

That made my morning Thanks Michael ^^,

Comment

Originally posted by BagOfMostlyWater View Post
                  Any word on when HDMI support will be released for R700? A developer was working on it, but I'm curious as to when it might be released and packaged.
                  HDMI support works fine if you use kernel >=2.6.34-rc3-git1.

I've tested it on my rv730.

Comment

Oh gord boy, this driver is now finally released.

(no, there's no typo in that sentence)

Comment

Working...
                    X