Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 X.Org Driver Released

Phoronix: xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 X.Org Driver Released

It's been over a year since the last major release of the ATI X.Org driver, xf86-video-ati 6.12.0, but today the xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 driver has finally replaced this open-source ATI graphics driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODEyNQ

HDMI support?

Any word on when HDMI support will be released for R700? A developer was working on it, but I'm curious as to when it might be released and packaged.

Comment

Man, I hope it's not too late to get this into Lucid.

Comment

AFAIK Lucid has been picking up the WIP 6.13 code on a regular basis for a while, so it would just be a question of picking up the last few fixes.

Comment

It is really interesting that lucid is the primary target for final releases now. For 10-4 fglrx and even for the oss driver Ubuntu is privileged, Fedora (and others) only got git snapshots for long time - even when a dev works for Red Hat.

Comment

Huh ? The only connection to Lucid AFAIK was that geoffp asked about it getting into Lucid. A lot of distros release at this time of year.

Comment

Yeah; if anything this is timed better for Fedora 13 than it is for Lucid, since Lucid is about a week from final freeze while final freeze is still a month off for Fedora. I doubt that it was specifically targeted to any distro's release cycle, though. I would expect that the main concern is that the relevant ioctls are mostly frozen and in mainline before making a "real" release.

Comment

"should please some users"
                Hahahaha epic xD

That made my morning Thanks Michael ^^,

Comment

Originally posted by BagOfMostlyWater View Post
                  Any word on when HDMI support will be released for R700? A developer was working on it, but I'm curious as to when it might be released and packaged.
                  HDMI support works fine if you use kernel >=2.6.34-rc3-git1.

I've tested it on my rv730.

Comment

Oh gord boy, this driver is now finally released.

(no, there's no typo in that sentence)

Comment

Working...
                    X