X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marek
    replied
    Originally posted by DuSTman View Post
    What's the situation with the non power-of-two support? Last I heard it was the main barrier preventing OpenGL2.x on <r600.
    Only 2D textures without mipmaps and with the wrap modes clamp/clamp-to-edge/clamp-to-border are supported. Full support for 2D textures is planned, but nobody hasn't had time to do it yet. It shouldn't be hard though.

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I also remember reading that the 300g driver only exposed GL 2.1 on 5xx parts but I thought that had changed - maybe it hasn't. Not sure what the specific reason was for not exposing 2.1 on 3xx/4xx yet but will try to dig up the logs later.
    I always wanted to enable 2.1 on all supported chipsets but I was stopped because some said-to-be-important (blaaahhh) feature was missing (two-sided stencil reference values and writemasks). Now the feature is there...

-Marek

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I also remember reading that the 300g driver only exposed GL 2.1 on 5xx parts but I thought that had changed - maybe it hasn't. Not sure what the specific reason was for not exposing 2.1 on 3xx/4xx yet but will try to dig up the logs later.

Leave a comment:

• EnglishMohican
    replied
    Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
    I hadn't read that before but OpenGL 2.x had been working on r500 for a while now. Just today there was the following commit in mesa.
    Now with that bit of information it sounds worth following Madman2k's advice and refreshing, rebuilding and trying again. I'll report back.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rob2687
    replied
    I hadn't read that before but OpenGL 2.x had been working on r500 for a while now. Just today there was the following commit in mesa.

r300g: enable OpenGL 2.1 on r3xx-r4xx chipsets

Leave a comment:

• DuSTman
    replied
    What's the situation with the non power-of-two support? Last I heard it was the main barrier preventing OpenGL2.x on <r600.

Leave a comment:

• EnglishMohican
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    You also need to be running KMS in order to get GL 2.x AFAIK

Hi Bridgeman, Xorg.log says KMS is working and I am running kernel 2.6.33.6 which would make that seem reasonable. Any other thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    You also need to be running KMS in order to get GL 2.x AFAIK

Leave a comment:

• madman2k
    replied
    Originally posted by EnglishMohican View Post
    My questions are:-
    1. Is it possible to get 2.X on an RV410 based card?
    do a git pull and recompile

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by EnglishMohican View Post
    I'm trying to run the radeong implementation on my RV410 based laptop under OpenSuse. I have xserver 1.8.0 and xorg-X11-drivers-video 7.5-26.2 all from my distributions factory (experimental) repositories.

I have used git to get a copy of mesa and compiled the 64bit version with gallium. All seems ok and if I make a link from radeong_dri to r300_dri I can get glxinfo to say I am running gallium. However, I can only get GL version 1.5 reported and would like to get 2.x

2. radeong_dri replaces r300_dri but what does radeong_drv do? I tried putting it in place of r300_drv in the xorg directories but that did not produce a happy result. So what does radeong_drv do? Where does it fit in?
    3. If the version numbers of things like libGLUT in the git build match those in the distribution can I assume they do exactly the same thing (the file sizes are very different but could that just be extra debug information)

Eventually, I would like to put the right files in the right places in my file structure to match the distributions ideas but I am not clear which ones to replace - thus the questions. Any general explanations of the way xorg and mesa interact would also be useful

Thanks in advance for any help of advice.
    bridgman post some time ago about this issues and if i dont remember wrong laptop chips have still some issues to workaruond in gallium cuz not all laptop gpu have vertex shaders for example. but im sure that will be worked out soon.

note: my rs690 laptop have the same issues

just have some patience mesa and gallium are getting real love lately

Leave a comment:

• EnglishMohican
    started a topic Radeong: What does what?

Radeong: What does what?

I'm trying to run the radeong implementation on my RV410 based laptop under OpenSuse. I have xserver 1.8.0 and xorg-X11-drivers-video 7.5-26.2 all from my distributions factory (experimental) repositories.

I have used git to get a copy of mesa and compiled the 64bit version with gallium. All seems ok and if I make a link from radeong_dri to r300_dri I can get glxinfo to say I am running gallium. However, I can only get GL version 1.5 reported and would like to get 2.x

2. radeong_dri replaces r300_dri but what does radeong_drv do? I tried putting it in place of r300_drv in the xorg directories but that did not produce a happy result. So what does radeong_drv do? Where does it fit in?
    3. If the version numbers of things like libGLUT in the git build match those in the distribution can I assume they do exactly the same thing (the file sizes are very different but could that just be extra debug information)

Eventually, I would like to put the right files in the right places in my file structure to match the distributions ideas but I am not clear which ones to replace - thus the questions. Any general explanations of the way xorg and mesa interact would also be useful

Thanks in advance for any help of advice.
Working...
X