No announcement yet.

Evergreen status update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking through the DDX a while back with a view to getting evergreen accel working, but I couldn't actually find anything which needed to be changed for the Evergreens. TBH I wouldn't be all that surprised if it just starts working once the kernel initialisation code is there..

I'm probably missing something, though.

Comment

Check out the Preface in the Evergreen Family ISA doc - Differences between the R700-Family and Evergreen-Family of devices.

On 7xx and earlier the parameters were interpolated across each tri/quad by fixed-function hardware -- in Evergreen the pixel shader does the interpolation itself so shader compiler has to insert the additional instructions. Vertex parameters are passed in through LDS now.

The texture and vertex fetch instructions are a bit different - think that's another shader compiler change.

Those are the main ones from the ISA guide. Richard mentioned something about constants being handled differently as well.

Anyways, take a skim through the ISA guide and look at the INTERP instructions. Some of them are used to pick up vertex parms from LDS, others do the actual interpolation (I think). The ISA doc sort-of explains how the work with triangles... not sure if magic is required for quads
      Test signature

Comment

I think the DDX uses hand-coded shaders so they'll probably all have to change as well. I think you have to interpolate your own texture coordinates now
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          I think you have to interpolate your own texture coordinates now
          That's what she said.

Comment

Working...
          X