Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amphigory
    replied
    This thread gets better and better. Very instructive in the art of insulting behavior. "An orgy of screeching vultures" is priceless although I probably would have substituted "harpies" for "vultures".

Michael, please don't ban gordboy.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by gordboy View Post
    Bullshit from beginning to end.

You are not trying to explain anything. You have been calling for bans, and frankly, you are pissing in the wind.

The vast majority of this thread has been insults directed at me, and my responses. So you can realistically forget about any kind of ban.

The only people who don't like me here are the tardy developers and their hapless pack of worthless worshippers. The same usual suspects who post all the time and clog up these forums with their inane drivel.

I dare say you will continue this. But if you will permit me to give *you* some advice - please take the insults and unwarranted "friendly" advice elsewhere.
    if you are "good enough" as you say, fork the project, make your own forum and post your non sense there. let see if you can do better.

michael ban this useless dude plz and delete this thread

Leave a comment:

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Originally posted by DuSTman
    he does have a point - with the amount of time between official releases due to rearchitecting, it would have been preferable to create a stable branch for fix releases in the interim.
    They did. They're up to 6.12.6 now.

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    So why ARE you feeding a troll ? Or are you just here to be a bully ?
    I just wanted to tell you that not everyone who's not posting in here silently agrees with you.
    And don't worry, I wont post on this topic anymore. There's no point to it.

Leave a comment:

• gordboy
    replied
    Welcome To The Fray

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
    As someone who has not bothered to post in this thread (till now, ofc), I guess I'm an expert on this. So let me get this straight: The reason I've not yet posted in here (and I guess this is true for many others as well) is plain and simple: Don't feed the trolls.

Uhm no, that's definitely not what I'm thinking. What I'm thinking is that your behavior is very in-polite and rude. You make demands of the developers, even though you're in no position to do so. If you think you can do a better job, then go ahead, fork radeon and do a release yourself. You're argument that you'd need all hardware donations etc... to do that is bullshit. Do you think any of the current developers first got the hardware donated and then started developing? No, they first had to prove that they're up to the task, either to the community or to their employees.
    Note that I've no problem with someone poking the developers with the question of what's holding up the release. But the way you're going about this is intolerable and imho almost ban-worthy.
    So why ARE you feeding a troll ? Or are you just here to be a bully ?

I have a question for you : what exactly is ban-worthy about defending yourself from irrelevant and unwarranted insults ?

Do you condone the general tenor of the vast number of posts in this thread ?

Seems to me, this is becoming a witch-hunt. An orgy of screeching vultures, ready to descend on their victim, the taste of blood in their pates.

And still no news of the (preposterously) long overdue 6.13 driver.

Leave a comment:

• gordboy
    replied
    A Crack In The Facade ... ?

Originally posted by DuSTman View Post
    As some people have already realised, this is not genuinely about the release number (that's entirely incidental) but the fact that gordboy amuses himself by annoying people, so that he can bask in the attention. The very definition of a troll.

..and, you know, he does have a point - with the amount of time between official releases due to rearchitecting, it would have been preferable to create a stable branch for fix releases in the interim. Behaving as he does, though, he's unsupportable.
    Well you're entitled to your opinion. But all I'm doing in the main, is responding to other posts. If there were no other posts, there could be no responses. So if I am a troll, then you are guilty of feeding me. And if I am not a troll, then you are guilty of bullying.

And yes, I most certainly do have a point. The current release structure is completely untenable, in my view.

So in order for people to have legitimate questions answered, they have to satisfy arbitrary behavioural "rules". I see. All I can do is repeat what I have been saying all along :

The vast majority of people posting in this thread have been rude and obnoxious. And if they think they can carry on doing so, with no regard for the consequences, then they can think again.

But I would like to conclude this post by thanking you for being the first to realise that there actually is substance to my original complaint/question. And by simple extrapolation, that the unfair insults and mud-slinging by others here, is ENTIRELY unjustified.

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    The vast majority of posters in this thread have either been ignorant and rude like yourself, or me replying to them. Notice that there are far more people who have read this thread, than can be bothered to contribute.
    As someone who has not bothered to post in this thread (till now, ofc), I guess I'm an expert on this. So let me get this straight: The reason I've not yet posted in here (and I guess this is true for many others as well) is plain and simple: Don't feed the trolls.
    In case you haven't realised the import of what you just read, let me spell it out for you : my guess is that the vast majority of people reading this will wonder WTF is going on. They will wonder exactly WHY a hapless brigade of lamers is trying to discredit someone, but failing so miserably, and so publically. And they will then ask the obvious next question : what exactly is going on with the 6.13 release ? Are the developers resorting to using teenage clowns to divert attention away from their inexplicable inaction ?
    Uhm no, that's definitely not what I'm thinking. What I'm thinking is that your behavior is very in-polite and rude. You make demands of the developers, even though you're in no position to do so. If you think you can do a better job, then go ahead, fork radeon and do a release yourself. You're argument that you'd need all hardware donations etc... to do that is bullshit. Do you think any of the current developers first got the hardware donated and then started developing? No, they first had to prove that they're up to the task, either to the community or to their employees.
    Note that I've no problem with someone poking the developers with the question of what's holding up the release. But the way you're going about this is intolerable and imho almost ban-worthy.

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    I give up :-) I don't wanna spent anymore time teaching an ignorant. Good luck getting any response from the developers.

Leave a comment:

• gordboy
    replied
    A Minor Technicality

Originally posted by tball View Post
    Sorry gordboy, but all the replies in this thread, point at you being rude. You say you have PM's with people backing you up. Why aren't they posting in this very thread instead of PM'ing you? I haven't seen one single reply in this thread backing you up.

Conclusion. You really need to learn to be more polite or you won't get anywhere with you questions / complaints.
    Sorry, tball, but what you just posted is factually incorrect. There have been 2 people posting in this thread, who are not joining your preposterous witch-hunt.

The vast majority of posters in this thread have either been ignorant and rude like yourself, or me replying to them. Notice that there are far more people who have read this thread, than can be bothered to contribute.

In case you haven't realised the import of what you just read, let me spell it out for you : my guess is that the vast majority of people reading this will wonder WTF is going on. They will wonder exactly WHY a hapless brigade of lamers is trying to discredit someone, but failing so miserably, and so publically. And they will then ask the obvious next question : what exactly is going on with the 6.13 release ? Are the developers resorting to using teenage clowns to divert attention away from their inexplicable inaction ?

Conclusion : you really need to get your facts straight. But more than that, you need to realise your station in life. You are an observer. A leech, not a contributor.

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    Sorry gordboy, but all the replies in this thread, point at you being rude. You say you have PM's with people backing you up. Why aren't they posting in this very thread instead of PM'ing you? I haven't seen one single reply in this thread backing you up.

Conclusion. You really need to learn to be more polite or you won't get anywhere with you questions / complaints.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X