Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome To The Fray

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
    As someone who has not bothered to post in this thread (till now, ofc), I guess I'm an expert on this. So let me get this straight: The reason I've not yet posted in here (and I guess this is true for many others as well) is plain and simple: Don't feed the trolls.

Uhm no, that's definitely not what I'm thinking. What I'm thinking is that your behavior is very in-polite and rude. You make demands of the developers, even though you're in no position to do so. If you think you can do a better job, then go ahead, fork radeon and do a release yourself. You're argument that you'd need all hardware donations etc... to do that is bullshit. Do you think any of the current developers first got the hardware donated and then started developing? No, they first had to prove that they're up to the task, either to the community or to their employees.
    Note that I've no problem with someone poking the developers with the question of what's holding up the release. But the way you're going about this is intolerable and imho almost ban-worthy.
    So why ARE you feeding a troll ? Or are you just here to be a bully ?

I have a question for you : what exactly is ban-worthy about defending yourself from irrelevant and unwarranted insults ?

Do you condone the general tenor of the vast number of posts in this thread ?

Seems to me, this is becoming a witch-hunt. An orgy of screeching vultures, ready to descend on their victim, the taste of blood in their pates.

And still no news of the (preposterously) long overdue 6.13 driver.

Comment

Originally posted by gordboy View Post
      So why ARE you feeding a troll ? Or are you just here to be a bully ?
      I just wanted to tell you that not everyone who's not posting in here silently agrees with you.
      And don't worry, I wont post on this topic anymore. There's no point to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuSTman
        he does have a point - with the amount of time between official releases due to rearchitecting, it would have been preferable to create a stable branch for fix releases in the interim.
        They did. They're up to 6.12.6 now.

Comment

Originally posted by gordboy View Post
          Bullshit from beginning to end.

You are not trying to explain anything. You have been calling for bans, and frankly, you are pissing in the wind.

The vast majority of this thread has been insults directed at me, and my responses. So you can realistically forget about any kind of ban.

The only people who don't like me here are the tardy developers and their hapless pack of worthless worshippers. The same usual suspects who post all the time and clog up these forums with their inane drivel.

I dare say you will continue this. But if you will permit me to give *you* some advice - please take the insults and unwarranted "friendly" advice elsewhere.
          if you are "good enough" as you say, fork the project, make your own forum and post your non sense there. let see if you can do better.

michael ban this useless dude plz and delete this thread

Comment

This thread gets better and better. Very instructive in the art of insulting behavior. "An orgy of screeching vultures" is priceless although I probably would have substituted "harpies" for "vultures".

Michael, please don't ban gordboy.

Comment

Seems to me, this is becoming a witch-hunt. An orgy of screeching vultures, ready to descend on their victim, the taste of blood in their pates.
              Wow, as other have stated: Very dramatic!

I don't know who you are gordboy and haven't read your other threads, but if this is your general tone I can understand why most people here are annoyed, no matter what your credentials are.

With all your years as a programmer I am interested to know which open source project you participated in (paid or not), that can compare to writing graphics driver. Because you must have some sense about the complexities..? I don't since I am not a coder, and only now starting with basic Python stuff, but I know not to bite the hand that feeds me!

You may take this as yet another assault, but do you really think this tactic (your OP) is a productive one? How can your anger/irritation motivate the radeon developers? With your experience why don't you lend them a hand? I'm sure your status here will change to the positive as soon as your contribution is evident.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
                They did. They're up to 6.12.6 now.
                Oops That's what I get for not fact-checking.

Comment

These are "tags" for this thread?

another-gordboy-classic, cheap-bullying-tactics, gordboy-trolling-again, lies, prevarication, threats
                  You guys gotta calm down.

Disclaimer: I don't know what 6.13 driver we're talking about, didn't read the whole thread and I'm not aware of having read other gordboy threads. And I don't really care, either.

Comment

The older 6.12.x series does not allow kms, therefore you need 6.13.x. But when you compare how long kms is already in the kernel a 6.13 release should have been out a year ago already. How you call the driver does not matter for me basically, but long time the only way to get an updated driver was to package git, that's not the ideal thing. Especially when you need fixes that are not in a released version you have to do that or you have to patch the older release. It would not have hurt to put out a 6.13.0 with lots of updates with 6.13.x with some bugfixes. It's not impossible to package git, but the version numbering does not really sound nice when you write it in release notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      The older 6.12.x series does not allow kms, therefore you need 6.13.x. But when you compare how long kms is already in the kernel a 6.13 release should have been out a year ago already. How you call the driver does not matter for me basically, but long time the only way to get an updated driver was to package git, that's not the ideal thing. Especially when you need fixes that are not in a released version you have to do that or you have to patch the older release. It would not have hurt to put out a 6.13.0 with lots of updates with 6.13.x with some bugfixes. It's not impossible to package git, but the version numbering does not really sound nice when you write it in release notes.
                      KMS has only be out of staging in the kernel for a couple of months. Before that point it wasn't something that was in any way ready for a release. Like I'm sure you guys love closed source development, and you seem to confuse access to the code during development with access to the code when released. Just because we've put code out for people to see and use, it doesn't mean its released in the "closed-source" development methodology. We are developing the code in public, and we get feedback from people interested in using it. Though we still have to do a proper release process when we are happy with the code, which we are doing now.

Its almost like you don't understand how open source differs from closed.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                      X