Release The Driver, Or Step Aside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adamk View Post
    I don't even know why we're having this discussion in the first place. The only person who seems to be so upset with the release schedule of the driver is gordboy. He's also the one who claimed to be able to get bridgman and the developers fired, saying:

This was over two weeks ago. So much for getting them fired.

Now, perhaps it's time to just ignore gordboy and hope that he goes away.

Adam
    I think you will find that there are many other people concerned about the inexplicable refusal to release a 6.13.

As for emailing and getting people fired, I was referring to the refusal of bridgman and airlied (how appropriate is *that* nick) to condemn the disgraceful posts by duby229.

And I most certainly *did* email their employers. I have also sent PM to both of them giving them a chance to distance themselves from the insanity. They have been utterly silent.
    People will draw their own conclusions.

Airlied made several repeated insults. According to him, I am illiterate, stupid &etc. I haven't said that about any of the devs. His insults were totally unprofessional and uncalled for. And what is disappointing is that nobody seems to be saying anything about that. Since when are *some* people allowed to say what they like, and others not ?

My advice to you, Adam, is to stay out of things that do not concern you. Your contribution in this thread is not required.

Comment

Originally posted by gordboy View Post
      My advice to you, Adam, is to stay out of things that do not concern you. Your contribution in this thread is not required.
      And, quite frankly, your contribution on this forum isn't required or wanted, which is undoubtedly why Michael has received so many complaints about you.

Adam

Comment

You actually made a claim along those lines two weeks ago when you insisted that bridgman and the developers would all be without jobs within a week because you complained to their employers.

Adam
        You know what, Adam, I think you just like to see your name in print. One minute you are saying everyone should ignore me and move on, the next you are digging yourself in even deeper by ... not ignoring me and not moving on.

I was responding to the ridiculous claim that I am somehow holding up the development and release process. I am entitled to respond to claims and insults made here. And every time some buffoon adds to the catalogue of crap in this thread, you can rest assured that I will answer them.

Comment

I think you will find that there are many other people concerned about the inexplicable refusal to release a 6.13.

As for emailing and getting people fired, I was referring to the refusal of bridgman and airlied (how appropriate is *that* nick) to condemn the disgraceful posts by duby229.

And I most certainly *did* email their employers. I have also sent PM to both of them giving them a chance to distance themselves from the insanity. They have been utterly silent.
          People will draw their own conclusions.

Airlied made several repeated insults. According to him, I am illiterate, stupid &etc. I haven't said that about any of the devs. His insults were totally unprofessional and uncalled for. And what is disappointing is that nobody seems to be saying anything about that. Since when are *some* people allowed to say what they like, and others not ?

You must blind, if you can not see the insults you are giving to the developers. Have you asked yourself why everyone in this forum seem hostile to you? Maybe you should read through your posts and see why that can be.

And to the release of the ddx version 6.13. They are not able to release the driver, if the driver contains known major bugs. Well thats very normal in the oss world and not very hard to understand.

Comment

So Get Me Banned Then

And, quite frankly, your contribution on this forum isn't required or wanted, which is undoubtedly why Michael has received so many complaints about you.

Adam
            What evidence do you have that "Michael has received so many complaints about you" ? He has said nothing to me, other than to agree that duby229 will undoubtedly be banned if he makes another contribution in the same vein as his last effort.

Adding to your misguided sense of importance by making unsubstantiated claims is not going to further linux one little bit.

Comment

What evidence do you have that "Michael has received so many complaints about you" ? He has said nothing to me, other than to agree that duby229 will undoubtedly be banned if he makes another contribution in the same vein as his last effort.

Adding to your misguided sense of importance by making unsubstantiated claims is not going to further linux one little bit.
              Apparently your reading skills are lacking:

And clearly you are the one with the misguided sense of importance if you actually thought your complaints would get airlied and bridgman fired.

This is my final post on the matter.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                You must blind, if you can not see the insults you are giving to the developers. Have you asked yourself why everyone in this forum seem hostile to you? Maybe you should read through your posts and see why that can be.

And to the release of the ddx version 6.13. They are not able to release the driver, if the driver contains known major bugs. Well thats very normal in the oss world and not very hard to understand.
                But not everyone in this forum *is* hostile. At least two people have publicly said so in this thread. And I have PM support here and in irc from others.

So really, I think I'll ignore your advice. Do you imagine I am unaware of the contents of my own posts ?

As for the 6.13 release, they could eaily have released by now, with a less ambitious feature set. Seems to me that they just keep raising the bar, and the release recedes ever further into the distance.

Please don't try to give me advice on open source software. I may rub some self-important people up the wrong way, but I speak from personal experience. And that is something you should try too.

Comment

You know, if it was me running things, I would continue making releases in the 6.12.nnnnnnnn range just to fuck with this guy.

Look guy, it sounds to me like all you want is a new number to go along with your driver. If that's the case, just modify line 25 of configure.ac to your liking and be on your merry way.

cheers

Comment

If Gordboy posts again, the puppy dies.

Comment

Originally posted by sgcb View Post
                      You know, if it was me running things, I would continue making releases in the 6.12.nnnnnnnn range just to fuck with this guy.

Look guy, it sounds to me like all you want is a new number to go along with your driver. If that's the case, just modify line 25 of configure.ac to your liking and be on your merry way.

cheers
                      If it were me running things, this thread would not exist. And I certainly wouldn't consider deliberately withholding releases "just to fuck with this guy".

It sounds to me like you are a clueless n00b who thinks that a mark of expertese is the ability to use automake/autoconf/whatever when they are not even a developer.

Real linux users do not download git source. They do not download nightly source. They don't actually compile anything, EXCEPT THEIR OWN PROJECTS.

They use packages supplied by their distros, and this in turn, means that there have to be RELEASES to actually package.

Anyone who cannot see this needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

BTW, this is getting too easy. I am single-handedly demolishing everyone one of you so-called experts, and leaving you looking like the n00b, lamer-gamer-ricer children that you are.

NEXT !

Comment

Working...
                      X