Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DuSTman
    replied
    I think that document probably predates shaders. Check out the shader ISA document.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    BTW, that HowVideoCardsWork doc tells me nothing about shaders

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Hey now I know what the blit module is for, lol; it's just a 2D engine moving stuff around in the RAM :') xD

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Right, it was in response to DuSTman

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Finding work hacking on X doesn't seem hard: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/201...ry/049165.html

But I guess this means first starting to contribute and making a name for yourself, not the other way around.
    You were talking to Dustman, right? Because I sure as hell didn't mention wanting to do that, lol xD

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Finding work hacking on X doesn't seem hard: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/201...ry/049165.html

But I guess this means first starting to contribute and making a name for yourself, not the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    I don't know about AMD, but I read something about employement under the getting involved section on the Fedora website. Something along the lines of significant that had to be done in the past... Check it out

Leave a comment:

• DuSTman
    replied
    Well, my current employment is unrelated. I've been poking around with the drivers for a bit in my spare time, but haven't really had the time due to uni work to accomplish much with it. Was really just posting here in the offchance either AMD or redhat felt they could use another man.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Can't you ask Red Hat? Or were you privately funded?

Leave a comment:

• DuSTman
    replied
    Yeah, that's the one.

On the subject, I wonder if anyone's looking to hire another developer for the open drivers? My current contract expires in three months, after which I'll be looking for a job, and I'd be quite interested in working on the drivers full time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X