AMD Catalyst 10.3 For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chronniff View Post
    Also, with the newest driver is anyone else having major issues with fullscreen flash videos? If I try to go fullscreen with any youtube video it stutters and then locks up
    Just install the "youtube without flash auto" greasemonkey script. Then, your YouTube videos will play in a native plugin instead of Adobe Crash.

Comment

I'm guessing their isn't going to be something like that available for chrome right?

Comment

I'm guessing their isn't going to be something like that available for chrome right?
        No, you can install it on Chrome, as long as you are using the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
          A 4870. Nothing fancy set in the control panel or xorg.conf.
          I also have a 4870 and tear free video still isn't there...
          My lcd is 60hz, but if it was rate dependent it would be reaaaly broken...
          Maybe some incompatibility with some versions of Xorg of kernel...

I've Ubuntu 9.10
          Kernel 2.6.31-20-generic-pae i686
          Xorg 1.6.4

Comment

Also, with the newest driver is anyone else having major issues with fullscreen flash videos? If I try to go fullscreen with any youtube video it stutters and then locks up
            I am having the exact same issue on a Nvidia 9500GS, so it's probably not driver-related. Fullscreen youtube starts stuttering and finally locks up completely.

Comment

Tear free video with fglrx is only possible if you set your video app to use OpenGL for rendering and enable vsync in Catalyst Control Center.

And I don't seem to have any stuttering problem with full screen youtube videos with Lucid fglrx beta driver.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                Tear free video with fglrx is only possible if you set your video app to use OpenGL for rendering and enable vsync in Catalyst Control Center.

And I don't seem to have any stuttering problem with full screen youtube videos with Lucid fglrx beta driver.
                True ! You're right! I thought i had it activated, but it seems catalyst forgets the config after some updates...
                However I can only obtain the tearfree with mplayer, vlc using opengl wont get it. And about totem I don't even know if it can even use opengl output. It's not listed in gstreamer-properties... Maybe using xine...

About Youtube and any other fullscreen flash video, there's no problem there. Except the lags, and the absence of video acceleration...

Ah also sleep and quiting the session doesn't produce a kernel panic anymore, in my case

Comment

Originally posted by Givrix View Post
                  And about totem I don't even know if it can even use opengl output. It's not listed in gstreamer-properties... Maybe using xine...
                  There's a gstreamer opengl imagesink plugin. It isn't included in the Ubuntu repositories but you can get it from a ppa. Last time I checked, it didn't work that well with fglrx though. (displayed a monochrome picture with "ghost" images).

Comment

is there any way to install the lucid beta on karmic? and also the biggest problem I have with tearing is with compiz enabled....the opengl in mplayer seems to mostly work for tear free video, but as far as on my desktop the tearing is awful...actually it is bad with or without compiz enabled, just more noticeable with the desktop effects enabled

Comment

is there any way to install the lucid beta on karmic? and also the biggest problem I have with tearing is with compiz enabled....the opengl in mplayer seems to mostly work for tear free video, but as far as on my desktop the tearing is awful...actually it is bad with or without compiz enabled, just more noticeable with the desktop effects enabled
                      Have you changed the vsync settings?

Comment

Working...
                      X