AMD Catalyst 10.3 For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Well basically it is unlikely that something is fixed when it is still in 10-4 beta which can everybody test now... So known problems without testing must already be (only those i test myself):

- xvba has color problems with h264
    - xvba can not decode h264 l5.1
    - xbmc glsl/auto is not working
    - xv is missing vsync

Most likely all those errors are at least in the driver for 6 month (did not test all for the xbmc glsl error) - or forever like xv.
    I would say more than 6 months and at least 50% of the bugs you mention are now fixed and probably even availabe in a version you have.

Comment

Depends on the defintion of fixed - i see only light for 25% with forced usage of mplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
        what a piece of crap!
        i finally have bouth radeon 4730 and managed it to work only with 2.6.34-rc2+kms (xorg-server-1.6 is out of question) otherwise it would corrupt screen, reset gpu or otherwise get nuts. and still it loves to self-destruct X and support only opgngl 2.0/glsl 1.10. better then nothing, i suppose
        You could also commend ATI for giving specs and funding developers to make Open Source drivers...

But I agree that bitching about something is a much more pleasant thing to do.

Comment

nice

link works now. here goes nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            - xvba can not decode h264 l5.1
            I don't think we see this because L5 is not used by Blu Ray. And there is no real reason to use an L5 Profile for H.264.

Comment

10.3 has very poor performance with Heaven:

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                10.3 has very poor performance with Heaven:

http://global.phoronix-test-suite.co...531-6380-31587
                I didn't noticed any changes though. Maybe a little my minFPS got worse.

Comment

@Nille

Not on BD but in lots of other content you get or encode yourself.

Comment

now I get the same error / behavior like with 10.4pre:

acceleration doesn't work at all, segmentation faults when trying to run compiz, glxinfo, glxgears, etc. etc.

what is it with these drivers ?

when will I be able to use fglrx again ? 10.6 or 10.10 ?

I forgot: the error number is "error 7" or something that of

Comment

Good release for me (Kubuntu 9.10, 5770).
                      I have enabled Direct2DAccel and it look much more stable than 10.2. Window moving and resizing run smoothly.

Kwin is working again but I not keep it enabled, I am just happy with the 2D desktop now.

Comment

Working...
                      X