Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have R700 piglit test results - Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have R700 piglit test results - Now what?

I have just run the r500 suite of piglit tests, but am now wondering what to do with the results ;-). I seem to have a large directory structure full of files on my hands...

My PC is a 64 bit I7 with a Radeon 4890, running vanilla 2.6.33.1 and xf86-ati from git, and F12's Mesa 7.7-4 packages. Both "glean/vertProg1" and "ARBvp1.0 tests" core-dumped during the test run.

I think there's a summary report generated as well - my first thought would be to run the tests again with 7.9 mesa from git and see what changes.

I have seen a number of side-by-side comparisons of piglet results, all in apparently the same format, which makes me think there is probably a standard mechanism for comparing results from multiple runs (rather than copy/paste into a spreadsheet).
    Test signature

Comment

Is Mesa 7.9 compatible with Fedora 12?

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      I think there's a summary report generated as well - my first thought would be to run the tests again with 7.9 mesa from git and see what changes.
      I'm trying not to kill the box here, and even Fedora 13 is only using Mesa 7.8! (So F13 is obsolete before it's even been released! Yay!) What will I need to compile and install Mesa 7.9? A new libdrm? A different Xserver?

Comment

Mesa 7.9 is in very early development (in fact git master turned to 7.9 a week ago or so, before that it was 7.8), so 7.8 is not that obsolete Bridgman was talking about git master, I think. It should easily work with F13 without compiling everything from git.

Comment

Yep, git master. As Wielkie G said, it just became 7.9 recently, when the 7.8 branch was created.
          Test signature

Comment

It's quite easy to build a minimal install of Mesa (just the driver you're interested in), install it to a temporary dir somewhere, then use environment variables to run your testcase:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/tmp/mesa/lib" LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH="/tmp/mesa/lib/dri" glxgears

Ask if the devs are interested in failing tests, see if there are open bug reports about these, and if not, file new bugs... (if you find something broken which worked in 7.7/7.8, do a bisect to find the problem).

Comment

So I can have a local version of libdrm that is different from the "system" version?

Originally posted by whizse View Post
              It's quite easy to build a minimal install of Mesa (just the driver you're interested in), install it to a temporary dir somewhere, then use environment variables to run your testcase:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/tmp/mesa/lib" LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH="/tmp/mesa/lib/dri" glxgears
              Does this include libdrm? I think I'll need libdrm from git to compile git Mesa, but F12 only has libdrm-2.4.17-1.fc12.i686. So would multiple, different installations of libdrm be a problem? Would the Xserver / xorg-drv-ati be able to handle that?

Comment

My understanding was that the libdrm version needed to be synced with the kernel drm code, not the userspace code.

If you are already running 2.6.33.1 then I *think* you should be using libdrm 2.4.18 anyways (anyone ?).
                Test signature

Comment

LIBDRM_RADEON_REQUIRED=2.4.17 is specified in configure.ac, so there you go

Comment

Thanks, but...

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    LIBDRM_RADEON_REQUIRED=2.4.17 is specified in configure.ac, so there you go
                    That doesn't answer the question of whether I should be using 2.4.17 with a 2.6.33.1 kernel.

Comment

Working...
                    X