This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gordboy View Post
    So where exactly is the new 6.13 ddx driver for radeon that was promised some weeks ago ?

Don't bother with any more stalling tactics and bare-faced lies : I want a definite release date, and I want it now.

No more excuses : give a DEFINITE RELEASE DATE.
    I am curious as to why you care when the git source is tagged with some version?

I'm just asking since I personally use the latest xorg stable stuff together with the git versions of libdrm, xf86-video-ati and media-libs/mesa and I don't really give a damn what version the latest git snapshop I'm checking out and compiling is tagged.

HOWEVER... If it is very important then we can all gang up and piss the Alex Deucher off immensely until he becomes so upset that he commits a change like 819b4015349b5d8c5ffa5f979097599774fce5bb with a very high version number (instead of 6.12.191 to 6.12.192). I would personally prefer that he remains happy and does more actually useful stuff like e167403e5809c447870644bd9ea09fad369706cf (enable HW accelerated gl(Read/Copy/Draw)Pixels). The xf86-video-ati code really isn't that much fun without mesa...

Comment

So where exactly is the new 6.13 ddx driver for radeon that was promised some weeks ago ?

Don't bother with any more stalling tactics and bare-faced lies : I want a definite release date, and I want it now.

No more excuses : give a DEFINITE RELEASE DATE.
      I promise *you* we'll release it on the 18th March.

of course I don't know who you are or even care why your mom let you on the Internet without supervision, so you can probably guess my promise is meaningless.

Dave.

Comment

You said it yourself

Thanks Dave

You have spelled it out fully, and I am very grateful for that.

Your promises count for absolutely NOTHING.

But I am curious, curious as to how a monstrous cretin like yourself was ever let anywhere near xorg. Having lost the battle of the desktop, RedHat have obviously decided that the best course is sabotage.

And as for your point about *my* provenance, it is none of your goddamned business. If you want to start trading insults, I think you'll find your employer will have something to say about that. I hope that point is VERY clear.

Comment

Thanks Dave

But I am curious, curious as to how a monstrous cretin like yourself was ever let anywhere near xorg. Having lost the battle of the desktop, RedHat have obviously decided that the best course is sabotage.

And as for your point about *my* provenance, it is none of your goddamned business. If you want to start trading insults, I think you'll find your employer will have something to say about that. I hope that point is VERY clear.
          My employer is very aware that the Internet is full of mentally-challenged idiots.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave

I hate when something is released at time, just because somebody said it will be released this or another day (like Ubuntu...). It's something natural IMHO to ignore the previously set release date if there are some things that needs to be fixed etc. You can get the driver using git, so is this so important if its officially announced or not? Dave is doing great job and that's a fact!

Btw. about what battle of the desktop or sabotage are you talking about? Which battle does RedHat lost?

Comment

But I am curious, curious as to how a monstrous cretin like yourself was ever let anywhere near xorg.
              This is quite counterintuitive, but after careful study scientists have discovered that a developer who routinely contributes to an open source project tends to get some credibility and influence within that project.

Comment

Guys, you are getting sidetracked and are missing the important point:

He wants his driver waaaah waaaah, you promised me my candy waaaah I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!!!!! No, I don't want to get the (fully working) source from git, I want number 6.13 now, you liars!!!! waaaaah!

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  Which battle does RedHat lost?
                  The battle to make gordboy happy, of course.

Comment

Where Do I Start ?

I could go into the laughable contributions from the the supporting cast of muppets who wouldn't know their GPL from their arses. Typical buffoonery from ignorant acolytes who fawn at the feet of their empty idols.

Then we have the idea that the whole radeon xorg effort is so flimsy that if we piss off the Prima Donnas the whole thing will collapse. This is hogwash. Absolute undiluted CRAP. If it really IS so flimsy then there is something seriously wrong.

And what about branding people as lunatics when they ask the obvious questions ? If that is the level of your expertese, then kindly spare us your putrid bounty.

Next up, the idea that if you can't or won't use git, it is your own fault. Like somehow the fact that git exists means that releases are *unnecessary*. Well I've got some news for you guys : the vast majority of users and admins have no earthly use for git. Git is for developers, not end-users.

But let's not forget about the nub of the whole matter : suitability for the task. This is quite counterintuitive, but after careful study scientists have discovered that a "developer" who routinely fails to contribute to an open source project tends to lose all credibility and influence within that project.

There is no progress without releases. Anyone who can't see that needs their head examined. So I'm going to ask the same question one more time :

When are you guys going to release the long-promised 6.13 ?

Give me a reasonable estimate and I'll be happy. Keep stalling, and I will keep asking and watching the parade of lies and evasions. This joke has gone on long enough. If you cannot commit to a release date, then kindly LEAVE the project.

Comment

It's obvious that your angry, but honestly I cant see any good reason why. Heres one simple fact whether you like it or not..... The driver is still in development!! If you want to use code that is still in development, then well, use git.... Or dont use it at all and move on to something that pisses you off less.

Comment

Working...
                      X