No announcement yet.

There's Evergreen KMS Support & More To Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now it just does dynamic engine reclocking; all asics are supported. Support for the external thermal and fan chips is not implemented yet, but requires the i2c work in the branch to be possible. The i2c work also allows for the use of external tuners and decoders on AIW cards.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      Right now it just does dynamic engine reclocking; all asics are supported.
      Hmm, doesn't seem to work here with my HD 5750. It lists only one power state:

Code:
      [drm] 1 Power State(s)
      [drm] State 0 Default (default)
      [drm]       16 PCIE Lanes
      [drm]       1 Clock Mode(s)
      [drm]               0 engine/memory: 700000/1150000
      [drm] radeon: power management initialized

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        Hmm, doesn't seem to work here with my HD 5750. It lists only one power state:

Code:
        [drm] 1 Power State(s)
        [drm] State 0 Default (default)
        [drm]       16 PCIE Lanes
        [drm]       1 Clock Mode(s)
        [drm]               0 engine/memory: 700000/1150000
        [drm] radeon: power management initialized
        The logic on r6xx+ chips needs some work. We currently skip power state is they contain an overclock mode, so you just end up with the default mode.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          The logic on r6xx+ chips needs some work. We currently skip power state is they contain an overclock mode, so you just end up with the default mode.
          I see. But if I understand the code correctly that would only apply if mclk > default_mclk or sclk > default_sclk. I don't think this is the case here since the default mode listed is using the maximum values for mclk and sclk.

If I understand the code correctly the code only handles PowerPlayInfo tables with a revision <= 4. And according to the atombios disassembler my bios is using revision 5.

Anyway, I probably should file a bug report instead of dumping this in a forum . That is if it is not too early to file bug reports regarding Evergreen.

Comment

KMS works nice here on my new Vapor-X 5770.

Only Multi-Head doesn't work so nice. I can't see the Mouse-Pointer on the second Screen. Apart from that I can use both screens in a normal way. Should I create a Bug-Report about this?

System is a Gentoo Linux, drm-radeon-testing commit 7cb72ef on KDE 4.3.5

Comment

Originally posted by candux View Post
              Only Multi-Head doesn't work so nice.
              prior to the merge bridgman said something about dual-screen-issues, so it seems to be known.

too bad actually, I was looking forward to try it next weekend.

Comment

My understanding from agd5f was that the dual-screen issues were more with UMS than KMS. I don't remember seeing the mouse pointer issue reported before.

Probably worth giving it a try and reporting bugs if you see them.
                Test signature

Comment

Working...
                X