Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiputnik
    replied
    Actually, it may not be an actual EXT4 bug. I was doing some work a few days ago on a tmpfs (I'm also using .32 kernel) and the whole directory just disappeared, by itself, while I'm using EXT4 for a long time already, and I haven't lost a single file to it. And yes, I've done quiet a few hard reboots through this filesystem's lifetime. (Well, this one may be perhaps unrelated, I'm just saying that it may be a bug elsewhere.)

Leave a comment:

• lem79
    replied
    Nice way (or not? heh) to prompt implementing remote export of PTS result data during testing. Great feature

Leave a comment:

• Smorg
    replied
    sucks about the lost tests though. i noticed data loss / corruption problems in the early 2.6.32-rcs, but haven't had a problem since. (of course most likely at the cost of performance.

Perhaps ext3 will be a better option until btrfs is stabilized.

Leave a comment:

• RobbieAB
    replied
    *cough* back-ups *cough*

Sorry, as a Hell-Desk worker, I can't find much sympathy with any techie loosing more than a days data.

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    reisub

I can't guarantee that it would have worked in this instance, but way back when I still used to get hard locks with my ati card the alt+sysrq+reisub sequence saved me quite a lot of data, especially the s part.

Leave a comment:

• Smorg
    replied
    Alright already. We get it. Ext4 sucks. Quitcherbitchin' about it in every other article.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic EXT4 Lets Us Down, There Goes Our R600/700 Mesa Tests

EXT4 Lets Us Down, There Goes Our R600/700 Mesa Tests

Phoronix: EXT4 Lets Us Down, There Goes Our R600/700 Mesa Tests

For the past several days benchmarks have been going on a plethora of ATI Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 (R600/700 generation) graphics cards as well as some of the older Radeon X1000 (R500) hardware for reference. All of this testing has been done with the current open-source ATI driver stack with Mesa to show where the performance is at for the H1'2010 Linux distributions...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Nzk0OA
Working...
X