Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krionius
    replied
    I'm running arch on my notebook with r800. This repository in the post i will link here worked nicely to get quite recent GIT versions from all the related stuff: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.p...713083#p713083

It's working okay, proper resolution, X autorecognized things. It didn't eat all the power so quickly, i could use it on battery for a longer time (didnt test it fully, but seemed like it would last 1+ hour if i dont watch videos)

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Yes, agd5f got the digital outputs working a couple of weeks ago, although there are still some issues with dual displays. We have been going through the usual IP review and DRM-related sanitizing since then. All of the required changes have been indentified, so the initial code should be out pretty soon.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Did they get the DVI output working? I thought that only the VGA output was functional?

Leave a comment:

• krionius
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    That's correct. Right now, only the unaccelerated VESA of FB drivers will work.
    Oh. I was happy too early in my prev reply... ;

Leave a comment:

• krionius
    replied
    Oh, is the git already working with r800 in 2d to a certain extent? Sounds nice!

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by blabub View Post
    I'm doing something wrong or that the radeon driver does not support 2D with evergreen GPU?
    That's correct. Right now, only the unaccelerated VESA of FB drivers will work.

Leave a comment:

• blabub
    replied
    I'm doing something wrong or that the radeon driver does not support 2D with evergreen GPU?

Have installed from git all the radeon stuff with all dependencies but xrandr can not set a usable resolution.

Leave a comment:

• krionius
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I missed that article. It will be nice to have a more rapidly patched thing for my r800 based than the binary thing, if anything breaks between releases and the distro used.

Leave a comment:

• Wielkie G
    replied

But don't expect good 3d support before r600g driver. Initial 3d may come to r600 classic driver, but I'm not sure if it's worth doing it.

Leave a comment:

• krionius
    started a topic r800 in the pipe?

r800 in the pipe?

Any information regarding this new chip's chance to get OSS driver and the possibilities of OSS driver development for it?
Working...
X