No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 10.1 Driver For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't build packages for Karmic. That regular installation method works fine though, but that again leaves most users with no chance to test XvBA. I recall that packaging scripts for Ubuntu made it late in the dev. cycle (or maybe not at all, I didn't follow the 8.69 stream that close).

Comment

"Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
      "The same procedure as every year, James!"

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Sorry, was it half a year since our last release ? I've been focusing more on the open source side but I thought we released a couple of drivers in December...

Yes... and please continue putting effort on the open source driver...

I'm going to try and install this FGLRX now, for the last time in my life. I'll give it one chance on my kubuntu 9.10. If it fails it will be the last time I even read a phoronix article about it. No mercy, I've been using ati cards under linux since 2003/2004... and I had enough of fglrx
        Last edited by bulletxt; 27 January 2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I've already given up fglrx last year around now. Since then have always been a loyal Nvidia user and their driver never let me down. I still hope that one day I can run OSS driver on my ancient cup board display 2900XT card though... maybe by 2012. And my next card will certainly be an Nvidia for sure.

Comment

Happy new year people This year's gonna be awesome.

Comment

Just added the fglrx-packageing changes directly into my script. Feel free to try it:

Basically mentioning U 9.10 as tested release is a joke when the driver is shipped with broken package build scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Sorry, was it half a year since our last release ? I've been focusing more on the open source side but I thought we released a couple of drivers in December...
                I think it's the Xorg 7.5 Support people are complaining about...Seriously 5 months. Fedora 13 will be out by the time 7.5 is supported - then it'll start all over again.

Comment

The only thing I can't complain of fglrx is the 3d performance and the more or less functional amd control center.

I can't enable kwin effects because it's too slow, even though I have an ati 2600 XT.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    That means your hopes were too high. Either you're a n00b to fglrx or you're certifiably insane (doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results), but hey, there's always next month..

I hope it didn't take too much development effort to enable this super bleeding-edge feature on Linux. It would have been better spent on updating the Catalyst 9-3 Legacy drivers to work with Xserver 1.6 so we wouldn't have to hear so many people whining about not being able to use their R500 cards.
                    ugg, I bought my 5850 hoping to have open source drivers out shortly(2-3 months) so I wouldn't have to deal with ATI. I am really regretting that purchase now.

I am starting to remember the day when I had a 9800np how wonderful those memories were. Seriously though I don't know why I thought there were going to be open source drivers out so soon, I hate myself now. I will never be deceived again from ATI and their wonderful driver support. I think the reason I keep coming back to ati is the abusive relationship syndrome. Luckily I can live without Linux for right now, so it isn't effecting me that much. I still though feel the pinch from drivers on the windows side and their lack of proper profiles and the lack of prompt drivers to issues like Nvidia.

Comment

kano script

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Just added the fglrx-packageing changes directly into my script. Feel free to try it:

Basically mentioning U 9.10 as tested release is a joke when the driver is shipped with broken package build scripts.
                      Kano, I use karmic, will your script work on that?

Comment

Working...
                      X