Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
    This is so disappointing.... -_-
    That means your hopes were too high. Either you're a n00b to fglrx or you're certifiably insane (doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results), but hey, there's always next month..

AMD Eyefinity might also be working on Linux, or at least the ability to use three monitors from a single AMD Radeon HD 5000 series graphics card,
    I hope it didn't take too much development effort to enable this super bleeding-edge feature on Linux. It would have been better spent on updating the Catalyst 9-3 Legacy drivers to work with Xserver 1.6 so we wouldn't have to hear so many people whining about not being able to use their R500 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by dlast View Post
      Did someone succeed to install it on Karmic?

I run:
      sh ati-driver-installer-10-1-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/karmic

And then after a lot of warnings it fails because of not finding libatiuki.so.1, see bellow.

LOL, the one new feature mentioned in the release notes is Ubuntu 9.10 support. Seems that they didn't even manage to get that right. Anyway it installed fine here. I just chose to let the installer do the installation and not build a package.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
        Isn't that the price that you pay for being at the forefront with fedora?
        X.Org 7.5-Support is an AMD/Ati problem, not a fedora problem. X.Org 7.5 is out there for months, why does AMD/Ati not support it?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          That means your hopes were too high. Either you're a n00b to fglrx or you're certifiably insane (doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results), but hey, there's always next month..
          I'm not a newb to fglrx and they did a better job last time with xserver 1.6. I know, AMD/Ati has a "3-month-release-cycle" so it would be "okay", if they are releasing a xserver 1.7/X.Org 7.5-Support in Catalyst 10.1, but they did not. That's why I'm dissapointed.

Comment

Phoned this one in...

Wow, even I am amazed on how little went into this release.

The message is clear: buy from us to get amazing things, but just install it on a Windows platform why dontcha?

<SAD>

Comment

The message is clear; some things take more than a month to implement
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by The_Monkey_King View Post
                Wow, even I am amazed on how little went into this release.

The message is clear: buy from us to get amazing things, but just install it on a Windows platform why dontcha?

<SAD>
                Do you honestly think several full-time working, payed, highly skilled people didn't do anything else than to fix five bugs or so during the last weeks/months? I think there's some great stuff coming in the next few months

Comment

i tried it on Ubuntu Jaunty. and it failed too.
                  ./ati-driver-installer-10-1-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/jaunty
                  Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

9.12hotfix and before works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    Do you honestly think several full-time working, payed, highly skilled people didn't do anything else than to fix five bugs or so during the last weeks/months? I think there's some great stuff coming in the next few months
                    I would be really happy if at least it would support the new ATi mobility cards, mobility HD 5XXX. I wasnt wise enough to dig up the linux driver release notes before buying an ATi gpu notebook... so now i can wait for those great things, just to let me have something like a crappy driver that at least wont tell me "adapter unsupported" in aticonf....

Comment

... does it run Unigine Heaven?

Comment

Working...
                      X