X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by marks View Post
    Somebody tells me how to install ATI Catalyst 10.1 to Arch Linux??
    Thanks.
    question, why don't you ask this on the arch forums?

why are arxh users asking such questions on phoronix or gentoo?

are their own forums such a crap experience?

Leave a comment:

• baskin
    replied
    I have a strange issue on opensuse 11.1 that appeared with Catalyst 9.12 (until 9.11 everything was fine).

Although the driver is installed fine and working, i'm experiencing random (not permanent) lockups (like time outs).

I mean that sometimes the desktop stops responding (mouse is stopped or scrolling in windows is stopped) and after a little period of time it recovers. Also in the most case logging out results to X freeze and a hard reboot is required.

I'm running Opensuse 11.1 x64 with xorg 1.5.2. Catalyst 9.11 works fine.

Leave a comment:

• baskin
    replied
    Originally posted by marks View Post
    Thanks.
    Forget it. Catalyst 10.1 does not support Xorg 1.7.

Leave a comment:

• marks
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• toast
    replied
    Built Slackware package fine with ./ati-driver-installer-10-1-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Slackware/All and it installed fine
    biggest issue right now is I've noticed a memory leak while editing maps in Sauerbraten i checked on the Sauerbraten forums it seems to be a problem with the windows version and Linux version of the driver so thats fine i'm fairly certain it is the driver because i had someone test who had a simple Intel card but i believe this problem has been present since at least the 9.11 since that was the version i first noticed it everything else seems to work fine though

Leave a comment:

• dsmithhfx
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Do you mean 4650 or 5650 ?
    Excuse me. I meant my 4650 is allegedly supported by the free radeonhd driver, it just doesn't work for me.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    why are you disappointed? It is a bugfix release you get bugfixes. To be disappointed you have to have some expectations. Did you listen to Quaridium?

If you look back you'll see that you get your monthly bugfix release and circa every 3 or 6 month some new stuff. Now add that this is a 'christmas' release which means that there wasn't much time for it and everything is a lot less dramatic than a lot of people here act like.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
    Alas my new 4650 is unsupported by the free drivers...
    Do you mean 4650 or 5650 ?

Leave a comment:

• Pedric
    replied
    On a ThinkPad with two GPUs, the 10.1 drivers makes X go black, regardless of whether it is actually used (that is, regardless of what adapter you enable in BIOS), so that is a big No-Go. I skipped 9.12, and will skip 10.1, as 9.11 plays along nicely with a hybrid xorg.conf that contains both definitions for the onboard intel and the dedicated ati gpu.

I was hoping for 10.1 to fix some of the issues (like amdccc breaking xorg.conf), but as usual, it just brings more problems.

Leave a comment:

• dsmithhfx
    replied
    Works for me -- sort of (Jaunty)

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    i tried it on Ubuntu Jaunty
    I had no problems installing it to Jaunty x86_64 from the gui installer. All I had to do was logout and back in and voila! it was running. Seems pretty stable, too.

OTOH I find dual monitor support pretty shabby, as compared to Windows, or the free drivers with xrandr (and Jaunty has a very nice gnome taskbar applet for this that works as well as CCC in Windows -- perhaps even better.

Alas my new 4650 is unsupported by the free drivers...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X