No announcement yet.

Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm assuming that's the reason my display is garbled after the last update?

Comment

• Originally posted by tormod View Post
      We now also have gallium packages in the main xorg-edgers PPA. The way it works here is a bit different than the radeon gallium PPA: The normal libgl1-mesa-dri contains only the classic mesa drivers. The libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium is an extra, optional package with gallium drivers. The libGL search path is set up so that the gallium drivers are loaded if the -gallium package is installed (Robert's clever idea).

Note that the -gallium package in xorg-edgers also ship nouveau and intel gallium drivers.
      It would be nice to compile swrastg with llvm support. It needs the --enable-gallium-llvm configure flag and added Build-Depends on libffi-dev and llvm.
      I tested it on my Core Duo and found no regression wrt to classic swrastg, and it is indeed a *lot* faster, as noticed by phoronix articles:
      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

• Originally posted by kebabji View Post
        I'm assuming that's the reason my display is garbled after the last update?
        http://i40.tinypic.com/jziarr.png

I had the same, back to classic.

Comment

• It might be even the reason llvmpipe renders garbage as is in this article: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=ODIxMw

That's the usual price for testing non-stable branches.

Comment

• Originally posted by marek View Post
            There is a regression in higher levels of Mesa, all gallium drivers are affected by this, people are working on a fix.
            Is there a bug report, where we can track it and see when a fix is available?

Thanks.

Comment

• It has been fixed, see:

Comment

• Thanks,

I assume next mesa build will have the fix. I will try the -gallium pack later tonight.

Comment

• I tried latest -gallium pack, it is not a full screen corruption, however, the screen is still showing corruption artifacts.

May I ask, gallium is still at v0.4, is there a time frame for official v1.0 release?

Comment

• I don't think the version really matters, it's just a number, it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

• oh yay Gaussian Blur finally works on Compiz with r300g. I wanna hump whoever is responsible for that. :P

Comment

Working...
                      X