Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm.. I can't disable more effects
    quake3-bin, ioquake3 and openarena give me an average of 0 fps Oo (didn't know that this is even possible...).
    I think I just screwed it up
    Any ideas? Any logs that could help?

Comment

68 fps in UrbanTerror with Gallium.

Comment

When do we expect a package to test Gallium3d on Radeon 500?

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
          When do we expect a package to test Gallium3d on Radeon 500?
          I'm using mesa/gallium/r530 and building my own package. Trying to keep it as current as I can, basically it is xorg-edgers debian/ with '--enable-gallium-radeon' and a link between 'dri/radeong_dri.so' and 'dri/r300_dri.so'.

It works quite well with desktop and video usage, haven't tested games really more than that something is lacking to play Warcraft III. It could also be because of my special FireGL card but I'm not sure.

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
          OpenGL vendor string: X.Org R300 Project
          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on RV530
          OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.9-devel
          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
          OpenGL extensions:

Comment

I was using my xedgers latest and now I have latest of 04-03-2010. How do I downgrade to your package? I added your ppa to my source list. However, Xedgers is superseding your package. I deselected xedgers from the source list and did a refresh however I still have xedger versions.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
              I was using my xedgers latest and now I have latest of 04-03-2010. How do I downgrade to your package? I added your ppa to my source list. However, Xedgers is superseding your package. I deselected xedgers from the source list and did a refresh however I still have xedger versions.

Thanks for your help.
              I use Synaptics where you can choose "force-version".

Otherwise I'm currently building a new version which will superseed their build. Here is a tip to lock version so it does not automatically upgrade to any other.

If you lock the version you need to manually check if there is a newer build from me,

Comment

thank you again. I am now able to get you versions. It is working well so for. Gallium driver version 0.4 on R520.

Comment

The FreshGraphics + Xorg Edgers combo updated a few minutes ago didn't work. Composite and glxgears both result in corruption.

marcos@marcos-desktop:~$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                  OpenGL vendor string: X.Org R300 Project
                  OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on RC410
                  OpenGL version string: 1.5 Mesa 7.9-devel
                  OpenGL extensions:

Guess it has something to do with my IGP?

Comment

RC410 is known not to work with Gallium. The support is on the way...

-Marek

Comment

ati x1400 / r500

Hey,

Im trying to get the gallium3d support so I can get opengl 2.1 in ubuntu 10.04.

I have NO idea how to do this... can someone give me basic steps to do this. I would really appreciate it a lot.

This is the first time Ive attempted something like this so I'm a noob.... i keep reading posts about git this and that... but I don't know what that is hahaha...

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X