No announcement yet.

Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under gallium3d (R520) Google Earth shows breakup of the globe while redrawing/zooming. I did not have that under classic mesa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
      Under gallium3d (R520) Google Earth shows breakup of the globe while redrawing/zooming. I did not have that under classic mesa.

Comment

• Filed: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28425

Comment

• Originally posted by marek View Post
          Could you please file a bug?
          The reason I haven't filed a bug (yet) is that I haven't heard of anyone else seeing this problem, so it could be my own mishmash of package versions. And I have no debug information to provide. I'll try your latest commit first and see how that goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tormod View Post
            It is not confined to lugaro, also some compiz effects (the window switcher on super-tab) can trigger this.
            I've tested the Lugaru tutorial and no hardlocks there. Super+TAB in Compiz works here too. Please confirm if you can.

Comment

• This may interest someone. I managed to run Unigine Sanctuary 2.2 version with r300g driver. All you need is latest mesa, libtxc_dxtn.so and a r500 card (I have rv530, don't know if others works too). Kernel, xserver and rest are stock Fedora 13 packages. Sadly this is not the latest 2.3 version, which doesn't work because it requires GL_ARB_half_float_pixel and doesn't support r500 hardware anymore. Of course there are still many artifacts and it isn't looking very good. Frame rate is about 5 fps with my radeon X1600, but still a nice improvements. Screenshot here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=36173

Comment

• Originally posted by tormod View Post
                Since upgrading from 20100523 (fa552261) to 20100528 (f4bcd0ca) lugaru locks the machine up solidly
                Filed as https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28474

Comment

• Latest mesa changelog says:

* + Also install radeong_dri.so with libgl1-mesa-dri now, in an
                  attempt to get rid of the libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium package. If you
                  are using r300 gallium, try purging libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium and
                  adding this to the device section in your xorg.conf:
                  Option "Gallium" "True"

I thought xorg.conf has been deprecated, so why should we use it? I don't have one. Furthermore, what was the problem with libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium?
                  Not to mention that few months ago marek said not to use radeong.so because it is "useless". I might not remember correctly, though.

My question is how r300g is supposed to be used now without an xorg.conf? Is there a way?

Comment

• radeong_dri.so is the 3D driver, i.e. the one you want.
                    radeong_drv.so is an untested DDX driver, which really is *useless* for now.

Comment

• Good, still what's the advantage in trading libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium package for manual applying of radeong_dri.so from git?

Comment

Working...
                      X