Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    All I'm waiting for now is the 3.5G cellular internet hub so I can actually access the internet from my Linux box, and I'm all set.
    Congrats on the move from dial-up! Having Bridgman with faster than dial-up speeds *should* make devel move faster!

Comment

Not sure about that. I suspect the devs have been enjoying the relative freedom and autonomy that comes from having me work through a very small pipe
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
        Having Bridgman with faster than dial-up speeds *should* make devel move faster!
        Maybe the increased upload-bandwidth will also increase the speed with which docs are released? Who knows, maybe bridgman's tiny upload has been the limiting factor to the speed with which AMD can push out docs all the time?

Comment

There's a reason agd5f has been doing all the documentation pushes

This will only affect evenings and weekends anyways - at work I have no shortage of bandwidth, just a shortage of time.
          Last edited by bridgman; 25 January 2010, 03:34 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

The HD5670 I bought for my home system showed up on the UPS truck today, so I'm motivated

All I'm waiting for now is the 3.5G cellular internet hub so I can actually access the internet from my Linux box, and I'm all set.
            You know you can get a regular broadband router with a usb port for those wireless internet sticks, right? For example, a Cisco SPA400 (which has the additional benefits of SIP and WiFi...).

Comment

I actually didn't know that, thanks for speaking up. The ISPs I spoke with were adamant that only a Windows system could be used since the stick required drivers and those drivers were only available for Windows.

The hub (looks like an Ericson W35) still has the benefit of accepting an external antenna, which could be useful since even calling reception in my area "fringe" would be generous, but it's good to know I have options. I've been getting "sorry we're having technical problems" messages for the last week when I tried to order the W35 online, so there's still time to try something different
              Last edited by bridgman; 26 January 2010, 10:06 AM.
              Test signature

Comment

What an evil ISP. Windows only. Shame on them .

Comment

Yeah... at least they offer the hub as well, which their specs actually describe as Linux-only

I think they mean the hub runs Linux internally and is OS-agnostic externally, but...
                  Test signature

Comment

I actually didn't know that, thanks for speaking up. The ISPs I spoke with were adamant that only a Windows system could be used since the stick required drivers and those drivers were only available for Windows.
                    Yeah, the relevant Linux driver to support this "windows only" device is USBNET.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                      R800 support will probably go much faster than any other, as CTRL+C CTRL+V is now possible
                      If i understand that correctly, it's supposed that the different hardware generations use the same architecture for the basic functionality. Sounds okay. I wildly guess that the real deal is the opengl/3d part and the video acceleration.

Comment

Working...
                      X