Spring RTS / Complete Annihilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring RTS / Complete Annihilation

Hi I start this thread to improve the workings of this GPL mod and GPL engine on the open radeon driver.

On r300 it worked ok, be it slow.
    Now I upgraded to an r600 powered chip (RV730), And it has texture issues, white terrain, half the units are white. The rest works more or less flawless, and the performance is very good.
    It's most likely a s3tc issue.

So if anyone has tips, please respond.

Comment

Spring with Balanced Annihilation mod will not even start here (rs780, mesa from git) unless I disable shadows and advanced unit shading in ~/.springrc (bug 25024).
      But apart from that it works with some graphical glitches (eg. ground texture is white as you mentioned).

Comment

For S3TC, it sould be OK with 2.6.33-rc1, Ok on 2.6.32 with the patch mentioned here :

With this Spring is OK on my R500

Comment

Originally posted by rem5 View Post
          For S3TC, it sould be OK with 2.6.33-rc1, Ok on 2.6.32 with the patch mentioned here :

With this Spring is OK on my R500
          is this fix only for R300-R500 family ?

Comment

R100-R500 according to the commit

Comment

r6/700 is not fixed no with latest git of kernel drm and ddx/mesa/libdrm, it lacks the whole s3tc part in the driver, no hooks to libdxtn either.

Another small issue with the present driver is it only supports 256MB videoram. So I'm wasting 750 of my 1G at the moment ;p

Comment

please please please hack s3tc support in mesa for R600

Comment

Working...
                X