No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i ask if somebody feels free to update the driver to fix the issues or if there is nobody responsible and nothing will happen (which is more likely). Somebody should responsible who really cares about issues.

Comment

A hotfix for Linux

Hi Yall & Bridgman,

kudos guys, for releasing a LINUX hotfix. :-)

Bridgman-makes it a bit hard on you, as you are the much taxed spokesgeek for ATI/AMD, if "....wasn't actually expecting a hotfix." Larry should keep a spokesgeek, in the loop? ;-)

Human error/xmouse rush, etc happens. Is there enough time to release a 2nd hotfix, that fixes the first?

*BFN*

Greekgeek. :-)

Comment

Well i wrote a mod tool for ati installers long ago, basically i could fix those issues myself but i could not upload to ati of course

Comment

I don't think we've ever had an official spokes... um.. person for the proprietary driver, although Matthew, Pierre and I all helped out where we could.

My job has always been primarily on the open source sice - I'm not in the loop on proprietary driver releases so there was no reason for me to have known about the hotfix -- I'm just saying that if I was had known I might have asked some questions during the week and so been able to answer questions on the weekend
          Last edited by bridgman; 19 December 2009, 07:56 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Well consider nvnews as example (like nvidia handles it) and let the fglrx devs answer in a well known board. it's just that easy.

Comment

We do that mostly through the bug tracker right now, although Pierre (OpenGL) comes on here sometimes as well.
              Test signature

Comment

the bugtracker is crap when nobody ever gets a response.

Comment

Why hasn't the bugtracker been updated to be able to tag bugs for current fglrx releases. Last time I checked it only listed up to 9.7.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    the bugtracker is crap when nobody ever gets a response.
                    But people do get responses (you know that) so it's not crap, right ?

If you want to say "not enough tickets get responses" or "even if the submitter insults the developers and provides no useful information the problem should still be fixed instantly" that's OK, but developers *do* respond to tickets when they are trying to diagnose the problem and need more info.

I get copied on every ticket update and I see that happening.

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                    Why hasn't the bugtracker been updated to be able to tag bugs for current fglrx releases. Last time I checked it only listed up to 9.7.
                    It's not clear whether Matthew or someone outside ATI/AMD was updating the release pick list, or what the account info was if we were doing it.

Last I heard the guys were following up with Matthew.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 19 December 2009, 08:41 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Show me 1 useful ticket with responses!

Comment

Working...
                      X