Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
    It is fglrx:
    No it's not because it isn't. I don't know what the hell is causing this bug, but since I am not having this problem even on a IGP with 128MB RAM with full HD flash video, there must be another problem.

Maybe if you read my post 10 times in a row you'd understand it is not fglrx... Because the problem is simply not there. Big. Fscking. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      No it's not because it isn't. I don't know what the hell is causing this bug, but since I am not having this problem even on a IGP with 128MB RAM with full HD flash video, there must be another problem.

Maybe if you read my post 10 times in a row you'd understand it is not fglrx... Because the problem is simply not there. Big. Fscking. Period.
      Sigh, It only happens with FGLRX, not Nvidia, not Intel, not Matrox, none of the open source drivers. FGLRX ONLY. It doesn't take a genius to work out where the problem lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazade View Post
        Sigh, It only happens with FGLRX, not Nvidia, not Intel, not Matrox, none of the open source drivers. FGLRX ONLY. It doesn't take a genius to work out where the problem lies.
        Don't be so quick - it may not directly be fglrx, but rather the setup of particular systems.
        I had problems for a long time with even running amdcccle - found quite a few who did, nobody seemed to be able to fix it. It was nothing to do with fglrx, or amdcccle directly, but rather an old file lying around that wasn't correctly updated.
        So rather than point the finger at fglrx, why not look at the differences between working and non-working systems? That would be a much more productive approach.

Comment

@RealNC

Why does Gentoo patch more than needed? In my script I only add the "#include <linux/signal.h>" not more. Basically that worked for all drivers i tested.

Comment

ok this is complete crap!

with mobility radeon HD2600 (M76) It just doesn't work

without xrandr 1.2 it crashes Xorg, with randr it cannot get the proper resolution for the monitor...

if only the open source driver had full power management!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              @RealNC

Why does Gentoo patch more than needed? In my script I only add the "#include <linux/signal.h>" not more. Basically that worked for all drivers i tested.
              The extra stuff is because of:

"The __cmpxchg_wrong_size stub satisfies an unresolved symbol. Don't worry about the fact that it's a stub, it's only called in cases where the previous kernels did nothing anyway."

It's from this bugzilla item:

Comment

I don't think this is what I was waiting for...

Anyone a good howto for the open drivers?
                Last edited by tmpdir; 18 December 2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

It seems now RandR is more broken than ever.

With it enabled (default), there is probe flickering madness everytime xrandr or wine is used.

With it disabled, it is unusable with a black screen on all but the console vts.

What a choice!

Now that there is no fix to screen flicker, this computer just became a hell of a lot less usable.

Comment

little disappointed that the driver does not seem to work with 2.6.32 kernels. It makes testing the upcoming Mepis 8.5 release against ATi cards almost as much of a hassle as testing an Nvidia card.

Comment

I don't like your distro, but when you run

It will install it too - just like on Debian Etch and newer and also Ubuntu.

I just updated the script to install the 9-12 hotfix driver. I also fixed a packageing error that prevented to run amdcccle on lenny. Of course i had to integrated a signature hotfix too - as this is now done on the fly nobody has to patch the input anymore when using the script. I just reused the 9-12 final signature - if somebody from ati does not like this hack tell me and put the signature into the hotfix itself instead.
                      Last edited by Kano; 18 December 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X