No announcement yet.

pure awsomeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

here is a pretty intense battle in the end phase of the game.
    as you can see there are some nice effects like bumpsmaps, distortion and other stuff going on
    Last edited by Pfanne; 28 November 2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      how to enable kms?

Comment

Try editing /boot/grub/grub.cfg manually. I had to do it while gdm wasn't running, otherwise it wouldn't let me change the file (weird I know).

Comment

"su stop kdm && modprobe -r radeon drm && modprobe radeon modeset=1 && start kdm"

does not work for me... is KMS already ready for the R700? hd4670 ??
          Well, that line verbatim will sure not work, please do as instructed on the wiki page instead of making up your own variations if you are not sure what you are doing. (For instance, use sudo not su, and sudo on every command not just the first.)

Comment

But HON din't start.

glxinfo
            OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RV730 9490) 20090101 TCL DRI2
            OpenGL version string: 2.0 Mesa 7.8-devel
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.10

ass@ass:~/HoN$ ./hon-x86_64
            warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
            do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
            Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
            K2 - Fatal Error: GLSL 1.20 not available.
            You need to install HoN v0.1.57.

Comment

How I can get tear free desktop with radeon driver?

Comment

HoN runs, and it runs surprisingly fast. But there's too many graphical glitches right now to be able to enjoy the game.

Quake Live however runs in software mode now (0-1 FPS)

Comment

does the game look better on your pc than what we saw in the screenshot?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
                    does the game look better on your pc than what we saw in the screenshot?
                    I had the same results. However with today's mesa updates, creep animations are starting to work. Yesterday when I tested it, the creeps stood completely still when attacking. Today their whole body moves instead of just their arms, but it's better than what it was yesterday.

And instead of actually walking it looks like they waddle.

Comment

I am puzzled about how to install radeonhd. Must I obtain it on xorg-edgers (I didn't find it there) or from the official wiki ? What about the git version ? is it stable enough ?

And I don't know if :

- I need to install a newer dri (I would like to try dri2 for 3d support)
                      - I need to install a newer drm
                      - I need to install newer mesa
                      - If i need to, may i update with xorg-edgers packages or do i need to recompile each package ?
                      - After installing the driver, is there an automated configuration for xorg.cong ?
                      - How I enable KMS if possible ? Is it separable from dri2 ?

Thanks to help me because I am new to ati so I never used libdrm or mesa or dri. And I would really like to try the OSS drivers, your experiences with it sounds really good.

Comment

Working...
                      X