Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaphod mode with the Open Source Driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• achaios
    replied
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    I'm sure there were some patches for KDE4 to work on zaphod, IIRC made by aseigo himself. I can't find them right now, and I don't know if they were ever officially merged.
    You probably mean this:
    http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156475
    I don't know what this patch supposedly fixed, but plasma-desktop does not start on the second screen.
    Kwin does though.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    I use XFCE, it supports Zaphod well.

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    I'm sure there were some patches for KDE4 to work on zaphod, IIRC made by aseigo himself. I can't find them right now, and I don't know if they were ever officially merged.

Leave a comment:

• pal15
    replied
    Cool, can't wait to try it with GNOME tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    FWIW, GNOME will start on both heads.

Leave a comment:

• adamk
    replied
    Yeah, often you have to start editing scripts to get another window manager to start up on another display... This is particularly true with KDE4, which does not actually support separate screens. You can run KDE4 on one desktop, but not both.

Adam

Leave a comment:

• pal15
    replied
    You are right, in fact, I can move mouse from one screen to another and back, it does not lock up like I had previously in 11.2. I just don't have desktop and background on second screen. But that's ok, I can still use it. I would probably work in 11.2 also if driver was configured correctly.

Leave a comment:

• adamk
    replied
    So are you still unable to move your mouse and keyboard input from one screen to the other. I always thought that "should just work" (tm) in zaphod mode.

Adam

Leave a comment:

• pal15
    replied
    packaged one, I didn't install it separately

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    I'm not sure if you used your own compiled copy or the packaged one in the end but always use your package manager where possible. It saves so many headaches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X