Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by evolution View Post
    I saw that comparision too...
    It seems current Catalyst's UVD2 implementation isn't working very well on Windows too... (But I can't confirm it, since my 4650AGP card is installed with Windows XP).

Hope the new Catalyst version that's coming solves the video decoding problems on Windows/Linux OS's...

Cheers
    UVD2 works flawlessly for me with my 4870 and 6850. Play hd video fine with 0% cpu usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
      UVD2 works flawlessly for me with my 4870 and 6850. Play hd video fine with 0% cpu usage.
      Yes, for me UVD2 is also working properly on Linux with mplayer-vaapi + xvba-video (CPU usage goes below about 12% in my P4 [email protected])... My last post was somewhat "off-topic", I was talking about UVD2 performance on Windows + Adobe Flash (don't know if Flash 10.2 brings improvements for UVD2 on Windows)...

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by evolution View Post
        Yes, for me UVD2 is also working properly on Linux with mplayer-vaapi + xvba-video (CPU usage goes below about 12% in my P4 [email protected])... My last post was somewhat "off-topic", I was talking about UVD2 performance on Windows + Adobe Flash (don't know if Flash 10.2 brings improvements for UVD2 on Windows)...

Cheers
        I was talking about windows as well I don't have any UVD2 cards to use with linux, my desktops that run those are windows only. My UVD1 card (hd2600) works in windows with dxva but does not work in linux with va-api/xvba.

Comment

• hi!

i can't figure out how to make hd accel work. warning, noob

i'm on ubuntu 10.10, i've just recently done a fresh install. i've installed ATI Catalyst 10.12 drivers. my card is Radeon Mobility HD 3470.

before, i had 9.10 with mplayer-vaapi working just fine. 10.10 has this libva version 1.0.1-3 and won't install the one available at http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne. what should i do? i've been going through this thread, and i haven't been able to find anything...

i tried using latest vlc with the xvba-backend (or at least i think i tried, smth i found here) and my computer just freezes completely.

could someone please help?

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
            except when they land in /usr/lib32 where they belong.
            May I kindly get you back to my question?
            How do I get the 64bit version of libXvBAW.so.1 or alternatively, how do I get mplayer-vaapi to compile in a way that it runs using the libraries that exist on my computer?

Comment

• Originally posted by baky View Post
              i can't figure out how to make hd accel work. i'm on ubuntu 10.10
              You have to install the libva(-dev) from SDS and rebuild mplayer-vaapi or vlc against that. Some heavy lifting has already been done for you: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...XPERIMENTAL.29

Comment

• vaapi xvba problem

I can't get vaapi to work with my ATI HD5450 card on Fedora 14 64 bit.

I have installed vaapi from splitted-desktops and I have copied fgrlx_drv_video.so to the folder /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/.

I can't seem to find instructions anywhere on how to get vaapi working. On the splitted desktops site it says xvba-video requires catalyst 9.10 but when I try to install this version of Catalyst with the driver I downloaded from ATI website, I get an error saying it is not compatible with the version of my system.

XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 vainfo:
                libva: libva version 0.31.1-sds1
                Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
                libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
                xvba_video: FGLRX driver version 8.80.5 detected
                xvba_video: FGLRX device ID 0x68e0
                xvba_video: Evergreen GPU detected
                xvba_video: XvBA version 0.75 detected
                xvba_video: XVBA_CreateContext(): status 11
                libva error: /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so init failed
                libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Any clues?

Thanks

Comment

• never mind

ok never mind, I finally got it working. Using xbmc with vaapi acceleration. the image is very distorted though, is this to be expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by ludovicrl View Post
                    ok never mind, I finally got it working. Using xbmc with vaapi acceleration. the image is very distorted though, is this to be expected?
                    ok I fixed the distorted image by using catalyst 10.12. The picture is now very clear. It is working perfectly in mplayer with vaapi but it is stuttering a lot in xbmc. dunno how to fix this?

Comment

• Originally posted by ludovicrl View Post
                      ok I fixed the distorted image by using catalyst 10.12. The picture is now very clear. It is working perfectly in mplayer with vaapi but it is stuttering a lot in xbmc. dunno how to fix this?
                      ok could fix this with a patch to xbmc:
                      wget http://trac.xbmc.org/raw-attachment/...ce_reuse.patch
                      patch -p0 vaapi_surface_reuse.patch

Comment

Working...
                      X