• Alright... here's the two screenshots with xvba 0.7.4 instead of 0.7.5:

./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$ ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240 --no-glx-use-reflection

Comment

• Originally posted by Dandel View Post
      Alright... here's the two screenshots with xvba 0.7.4 instead of 0.7.5:

./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$ ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240 --no-glx-use-reflection
      This one looks like a mixture of 16x2 blocks where Y coords progress by 64 pixels and capped by moving to the next 8-pixel column... If someone finds the correct function, he is more than welcome. In the meantime, upgrade to Catalyst 10.10 (from Ubuntu repo). That's the best I can do.

ATI might look at reproducing the problem themselves somewhere in 2011 though. Not sure when a proper fix is scheduled, if ever. IMHO, this disaster can only be the result of a trainee who left the company. An engineer is competent and responsible enough to fix those gross bugs.

Comment

• Doesn't work with Ubuntu 10.10 and Catalyst 10.10 either.

$ ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

xvba-video 0.7.5, Radeon HD 5750

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
          ATI might look at reproducing the problem themselves somewhere in 2011 though. Not sure when a proper fix is scheduled, if ever. IMHO, this disaster can only be the result of a trainee who left the company. An engineer is competent and responsible enough to fix those gross bugs.
          Why 'if ever?' They don't have any intention of ever fixing it? Wouldn't surprise me. I've speculated that they're in Microsoft's pocket for a while now.

Comment

• Originally posted by monraaf View Post
            Doesn't work with Ubuntu 10.10 and Catalyst 10.10 either.

$ ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

xvba-video 0.7.5, Radeon HD 5750
            Please try xvba-video 0.7.6-pre1.
            $ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

This will produce the original image with a mosaic or group of lines inverted. Then, you can try varying XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND from 1 to 5.

Comment

• Looks like you're trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle I think you're almost there with nr. 5.

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=1

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=2

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=3

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=4

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=5

Comment

Looks like you're trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle I think you're almost there with nr. 5.

XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0
                Thanks, could you please produce a new image for this one with --glx --no-glx-use-reflection? Yes, behaviour can be different with or without --glx even though, for xvba-video, both code paths use OpenGL...

For your case, the next version will implement XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=7.

Comment

• I Just ran the tests with my radeon 5770 on ubuntu 10.10 with the 10.10 bundled driver( 8.780)...

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=1 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=2 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=3 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=4 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=5 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

$XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=6 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240

anyways, on this, i also agree, that nr5 is the closest to working for me also.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                    Thanks, could you please produce a new image for this one with --glx --no-glx-use-reflection? Yes, behaviour can be different with or without --glx even though, for xvba-video, both code paths use OpenGL...
                    Sure.

$ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240 --glx --no-glx-use-reflection

Comment

Sure.

$ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240 --glx --no-glx-use-reflection
                      Does xvba-video 0.7.6-pre2 help?

Since I changed the way shaders are generated, the following Evergreen workaround flags should be used, according to the pictures you provided to me.

$ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=15 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240
                      $ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=169 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240 --glx --no-glx-use-reflection

I tried to add some sort of auto-detection based on device ID and driver version. So, running the HW decode demos without any specific XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND variable should be working for those older Evergreen chips too.

Comment

Working...
                      X