No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgeman, theres a potential ATI 5xxx problem perhaps, does it also effect linux run cards too...

Comment

• Someone have this with UVD2 ? It's only with 2-3 videos for me. I want to do an HTPC on HD4200 but with this

Comment

• WOW!! this is working *f* great!

Thx gbeauche for your work! The only issue I see is that blue color thing. I read the last post and you said that this will be resolved in future fglrx release, any news on that? can be a workaround?

Comment

• Originally posted by yimm View Post

Someone have this with UVD2 ? It's only with 2-3 videos for me. I want to do an HTPC on HD4200 but with this
          It's Draco Malfoy exploiting bugs in the driver.

Comment

• Problems with dev environment - linking errors

Hello,

I have a fresh upgraded Ubuntu 8.04 -> 10.04.
            When I first tired XvBA, I had some problems, but I got the demos working under U10.04.

But now I have a problem to build the hwdemos or mplayer-vaapi.
            I installes libva1, libva-dev, libva1-dbg and xvba (in this order), the driver version is fglrx 10.04. The versions are the latest available today (sds13). Architecture is x86.
            vainfo generates a positive output.

But building the hwdemos fails with linking errors:
            vaapi.c: UNDEFINED REFERENCE to vaEndRenderSurfaceGLX

And so does mplayer-vaapi also.I do not know what I did change in the build environment. Before the compiling of the demos went fine and they worked!

Can anyone please help me to repair the libraries? I purged all 4 packages already and now I am out of ideas.....

If I can provide any more info, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Please upgrade mplayer-vaapi to something like 2010/04/14 and rebuild against libva -sds13. Likewise for hwdecode-demos, upgrade and rebuild. I cleaned up the VA/GLX API recently to be simpler.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                Please upgrade mplayer-vaapi to something like 2010/04/14 and rebuild against libva -sds13. Likewise for hwdecode-demos, upgrade and rebuild. I cleaned up the VA/GLX API recently to be simpler.
                I have already only the newest libva* and xvba and hwdemos...
                Just retried it one minute ago.

Any more ideas? Would a list of the libraries help?
                I saw that configure wrote:
                checking for GL/glu.h... yes
                checking for glXCreateContext in -lGL... yes
                checking for gluPerspective in -lGLU... yes
                checking for Crystal HD... no
                checking for old libVA API 0.29... no
                checking for VAAPI_X11_DEPS... yes
                checking for VAAPI_GLX_DEPS... yes
                checking for VDPAU... yes
                checking for VDPAU/MPEG-4 support... yes
                checking for XvBA... no
                configure: creating ./config.status

Thanks in advance.

I could hit myself that I didn't stop playing around when everything was working/compiling...

Comment

• I just realized that there are some libraries under usr/local/lib.
                  But all the packages should install into /usr/lib correct?

Is there a way to safely clean the /usr/local/lib files? I might still have the compiling directory for libva1, would a make unistall do any good?

Comment

• Solved !

Originally posted by hal2100 View Post
                    I just realized that there are some libraries under usr/local/lib.
                    But all the packages should install into /usr/lib correct?

Is there a way to safely clean the /usr/local/lib files? I might still have the compiling directory for libva1, would a make unistall do any good?
                    EDIT:
                    I solved it, at least I think so....
                    There were some old file in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.
                    After I removed/renamed the directories containing the libva files the demos compile and work!

Will try mplayer and xbmc next....

Comment

• Ok, everything is up and running now.
                      The only problem are "wrong" colors, means a greenish or reddish tint of the picture.
                      But I am sure this will be fixed in one of the next 100 driver releases. ;-)
                      Just kidding, I am not even sure it is a driver thing.

Thanks for the driver and the vaapi, now my onboard igp has a use...

Comment

Working...
                      X