AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @gbeauche

Could you define which debian system you tested and what was working on ubuntu which did not work on debian? I can not see those differences - only broken code sometime...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
      @gbeauche

Could you define which debian system you tested and what was working on ubuntu which did not work on debian? I can not see those differences - only broken code sometime...
      The supported platforms are defined here:
      splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The Debian platforms that did not work for me were Debian etch and lenny. I haven't tried recently and I don't care, there are already too many bugs and those have to be reported against an AMD officially supported distribution anyway... So, if you match what AMD recommends you have better chances to get it run, though that doesn't mean this will always work either.

Comment

• So you only refer to xvba-video, well i test of course vdpau-video too as you know. However U users have got the strange color problem with h264 too and VC1 seems to work on D lenny too, so what exactly was better on U?

Comment

So you only refer to xvba-video, well i test of course vdpau-video too as you know. However U users have got the strange color problem with h264 too and VC1 seems to work on D lenny too, so what exactly was better on U?
          Do you know if Canonical ever addressed the strange color space problem on U 9.10? The last time I checked their forums, many users were having the same color problem, and fixes were not common to everyone.
          For example, some users here on this thread reported weird blue patters while viewing 720p and 1080p h.264 videos.

Comment

• When you use vaapi+xvba then it is a pure ATI problem. Buy nv and it works

Comment

So you only refer to xvba-video
              Yes, this topic concerns UVD and there is no problem with NVIDIA HW.

However U users have got the strange color problem with h264 too
              This is fixed for a future Catalyst driver.

so what exactly was better on U?
              Official support from AMD... It's better to deviate as little as possible from their recommendations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                This is fixed for a future Catalyst driver.
                Tell me the version please...

Comment

• Sign the NDA please
                  Test signature

Comment

• $%#&^$%*&%!!! edit...

The last post was obviously intended for Kano, not for gbeauche.
                    Test signature

Comment

• @bridgman

That info is absolutely nothing for NDA because everybody who has got the hardware or intends to buy should know that!

Comment

Working...
                      X