AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Kano updated script

Kano should have a dedicated sticky with the scripts he creates! At least they make my life a lot easier

Comment

• The script is of course updated, the perl hotfix is disabled. You should compare

And in case of rendering problems just try it multithreaded as software solution:

In order to report problems you can do a crosscheck with pure svn:

Currently best option is to use pure vdpau rendering without vaapi - in case of nvidia cards and most likely mt mplayer for ati users.

More info here:

In case you want to use the vaapi script with enabled psb you have to disable this line - otherwise it may break (tested with U and the psb script).

Code:
      sed -i s/--disable-i965-driver/--enable-i965-driver/ debian/rules
      It is there for intel onboard users to test mpeg2 accelleration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
        i could not verify a fix for the multiply video clips crash with vaapi (it crashes both xvba+vdpau-video backends)
        Yeah, this was a last minute fix but I did not use the latest changeset from my git tree. I thus reuploaded new files.

b76b673f16adf46b44545b4ad24616b4 files/mplayer-vaapi-20100114-FULL.tar.bz2
        83ea66ba3354cccd6105f8bee98d917b files/mplayer-vaapi-20100114.i686.tar.bz2
        bf34130534840ccba9e3139b2c6f043d files/mplayer-vaapi-20100114.tar.bz2

vaapi/vdpau-video still shows the video too high and fullscreen is bad.
        Don't generalize from a single clip... This is fixed for the next vdpau-video/ though.

Comment

• Can VLC use this vaapi for ATI too? Or this is mplayer exclusive?

Comment

• Originally posted by cjr2k3 View Post
            Can VLC use this vaapi for ATI too? Or this is mplayer exclusive?
            Yes, the driver now has the necessary functions required by VLC. However, I haven't tried recently. I will probably check this next week.

Comment

• Ok, the 2nd release for today fixed the crash with multiply files, waiting for vdpau-video update now.

Btw i wrote a script for that to try vlc git already, but currenty it even fails to compile the patched ffmpeg. I adopted the gnash instructions but i had to change the way the vaapi patch is created. The instructions are outdated for the newer mplayer snapshots as there are 3 patches in a subdir not only one file.

Before that change it compiled sometimes... The script may not be executed as root. Just install the depends before as root you see as comment. Also mplayer vaapi should be installed and working (to get libva + backend and vainfo).
              Last edited by Kano; 14 January 2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                I adopted the gnash instructions but i had to change the way the vaapi patch is created. The instructions are outdated for the newer mplayer snapshots as there are 3 patches in a subdir not only one file.
                There is still only one single file named mplayer-vaapi.patch... Besides, the only required hunk is the Makefile change to install vaapi.h.

Comment

• Why couldnt you get this into ffmpeg mainline? With only this patch it fails directly:

configure: error: libva is present but libavcodec/vaapi.h is missing
                  Last edited by Kano; 14 January 2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Working perfectly. Mplayer that is. ALmost 0% CPU usage.

Comment

• Ok, great news.

My config is :
                      - Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP (rv630/UVD)
                      - xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-9.12-1.fc11.i586 (9.12 hotfix i presume)
                      - libva_0.31.0-1+sds9
                      - xvba-video-0.6.2.i686
                      - mplayer-vaapi-20100114

The VERY good news is this :

Code:
                      Kitof@home>vainfo                                        
                      libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds4
                      libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                      libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
                      libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
                      vainfo: VA API version: 0.31
                      vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA API - 0.6.2
                      vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
                            VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :	VAEntrypointIDCT
                            VAProfileMPEG2Main              :	VAEntrypointIDCT
                            VAProfileH264High               :	VAEntrypointVLD
                            VAProfileVC1Advanced            :	VAEntrypointVLD
                      But tests with mplayer aren't so good

Code:
                      Kitof@home>./mplayer -va vaapi -vo vaapi:gl /home/Kitof/T?l?chargement/Bird_42_MBit_ABR_\(+-1.5\ MBit\).mkv
                      MPlayer SVN-r30302-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Playing /home/Kitof/Bird_42_MBit_ABR_(+-1.5 MBit).mkv.
                      [mkv] Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC), -vid 0
                      [mkv] Will play video track 1.
                      [mkv] No audio track found/wanted.
                      Matroska file format detected.
                      VIDEO:  [avc1]  1920x1072  24bpp  23.976 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
                      [vo_vaapi] Using OpenGL rendering
                      ==========================================================================
                      Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                      [VD_FFMPEG] VA API accelerated codec.
                      Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
                      Audio: no sound
                      Starting playback...
                      [VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=0.
                      Movie-Aspect is 1.79:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
                      VO: [vaapi] 1920x1072 => 1920x1072 H.264 VA API Acceleration 
                      [vo_vaapi] Using 1:1 VA surface mapping
                      [VD_FFMPEG] XVMC-accelerated MPEG-2.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: flip_page
                      - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
                        Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
                        disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
                      - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
                        It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
                        gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
                        DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
                        won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
                      Code:
                      Kitof@home>./mplayer -va vaapi -vo vaapi:gl /home/Kitof/BBCHD-P-40.ts                       
                      MPlayer SVN-r30302-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Playing /home/Kitof/T?l?chargement/BBCHD-P-40.ts.
                      TS file format detected.
                      VIDEO H264(pid=2318) AUDIO A52(pid=2319) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 6940
                      FPS seems to be: 25.000000
                      [vo_vaapi] Using OpenGL rendering
                      Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                      [VD_FFMPEG] VA API accelerated codec.
                      Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
                      Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
                      AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 384.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 48000->192000)
                      Selected audio codec: [ffac3] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AC-3)
                      [AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
                      AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
                      Starting playback...
                      [VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=0.
                      Movie-Aspect is 1.82:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
                      VO: [vaapi] 1440x1080 => 1964x1080 H.264 VA API Acceleration 
                      [vo_vaapi] Using 1:1 VA surface mapping
                      [VD_FFMPEG] XVMC-accelerated MPEG-2.
                      [h264 @ 0x89ef680]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input), discarding one
                      The last tests left me with a black windowed screen, and hangs my system after I ctrl-c mplayer.

I hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X