Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @monraaf

You reminded me of updateing the infos at the end of the script. The way you tried works with nvidia and intel (there you need -2 script) but not with fglrx. fglrx only works with -vo vaapi:gl[:reflect]. Don't know when this will change.

2nd hint: if it still does not play check mediainfo if it is h264 L5.1.
    Thanks Kano, with -vo vaapi:gl I got it to work.

Comment

As you are a gentoo user why don't write yourself the needed ebuilds?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        only UVD2 has hardware HDCP Copyprotektion.. if they give some infos abaut uvd1 some people can hack the DRM Copyprotektion and the hd2000 VGA carts lost there Blueray hdready logo/funktionality..
        Hate to burst your bubble but HDCP support is not included with the XvBA library. Linux itself has no HDCP capabilities. It is not only the video that has to be protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          As you are a gentoo user why don't write yourself the needed ebuilds?
          Me? No, I hate compiling everything, I use Ubuntu.

Comment

I'll have to find some more taxing clips, but in my experience so far, this has pretty impressive results. I've been trying some of the various h.264 clips (trying to find the highest frame size and bitrate ones I can) on http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

This isn't a comprehensive, or particularly scientific benchmark, but it gives an idea of the difference in processor (CPU) usage between Xv and XvBA. I'm using htop to monitor mplayer, btw.

Phenom II 810 (2.6GHz), MSI 790GX-G65 using onboard HD3300:

I am Legend 1080p (really 816p):
            without XvBA: max 77% CPU
            with XvBA: max 3% CPU

Coraline 1080p (from the link at the top of the page at Digital Digest)

without XvBA: spiked at 99% usage 102secs into the clip, mplayer complains system is too slow, but for the most part was 30-70%
            with XvBA: %2-3

So far any of the others I've played back give the same results: no more than %3 usage. If anyone knows of a particularly strenuous clip I'd like to try it.

Cheers,
            Jesse

Comment

the opensource driver will have viedeo acceleration for older carts!

realy ;-)

I realize that english is not your first language Qaridarium but the word is card not carts. In english this is a cart:

and this is a card (at least when speaking in computer terms):

Comment

I did, and then you have to remember to remove your own stuff when official arrives Otherwise you end-up with to much junk and it takes time to fix it I guess i'm sticking with Gentoo mainly because I like it's performance, customability and the "rolling, always latest and greatest" way of updates but i'm almost not experimenting with it.

Comment

Originally posted by avsa242 View Post
                  I'll have to find some more taxing clips, but in my experience so far, this has pretty impressive results. I've been trying some of the various h.264 clips (trying to find the highest frame size and bitrate ones I can) on http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

This isn't a comprehensive, or particularly scientific benchmark, but it gives an idea of the difference in processor (CPU) usage between Xv and XvBA. I'm using htop to monitor mplayer, btw.

Phenom II 810 (2.6GHz), MSI 790GX-G65 using onboard HD3300:

I am Legend 1080p (really 816p):
                  without XvBA: max 77% CPU
                  with XvBA: max 3% CPU

Coraline 1080p (from the link at the top of the page at Digital Digest)

without XvBA: spiked at 99% usage 102secs into the clip, mplayer complains system is too slow, but for the most part was 30-70%
                  with XvBA: %2-3

So far any of the others I've played back give the same results: no more than %3 usage. If anyone knows of a particularly strenuous clip I'd like to try it.

Cheers,
                  Jesse
                  Try full BR video, better something VC-1.
                  If your system can handle it, then we have very good news

Comment

is not included yes.. but you can revers engenering the UVD funktionality !

if you have any funktion on the uvd1 in use you can revers the copyprotection.

why there are no specs for the uvd2 unit?? its only because if they push out specs they lost@copyprotektion
                    How to crack the copyprotection is well known for quite a while now ( and in reality it isn't cracking it but using a known good key to decrypt the protection) and doesn't require UVD at all to show how it is done.

When a new key is required, a bluray player does not "decrypt" the new key on it's own. It requests a new key online that updates the players firmware with the new key.

Comment

So how well does this work together with compiz/kwin desktop-effects?
                      And what about tearing, with and without compositing?

Comment

Working...
                      X