Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popper
    replied
    So Bridgman any chance you can chase this down and find out who scewed up ? and why that OVDecode library is missing from the current Linux SDK

as it seem's gbeauche or indeed anyone cant even begin to look into supporting Video decoding without All the required files in a fully self contained Direct download URL Update would be nice ASAP

what a mess this chrismas SDK release is turning into, and just as the world's OSS Dev's are home for the holiday's and looking to contribute some new spare time and effort to projects.....

Leave a comment:

• popper
    replied
    Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    XvBA has public libraries and private headers. OpenVideo has public headers and private (or inexistent) libraries for Linux. Ever seen something right at ATI?

LOL, also they have problems with the win32 install too, their SDK Installation Notes say that you can install it on a PC with a non supported OpenCL Gfx card installed, and still run the CL examples on the CPU, but they Dont

Leave a comment:

• popper
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    apparently not AFAICS.

the OVDecode.lib is there for the windows 32bit install, but OVDecode.so is not in the 32 bit linux lib/x86 dir, didn't check the 64bit packages.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Are those libs not in there:

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStre...ault.aspx#five

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Does the new sdk work better and allows opensource implementation?
    XvBA has public libraries and private headers. OpenVideo has public headers and private (or inexistent) libraries for Linux. Ever seen something right at ATI?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Does the new sdk work better and allows opensource implementation?

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by Green View Post
    Starting from (xvba-video_0.7.7.pre1-1_i386), ASS Karaoke effects used in conjunction with plain ASS subtitles, cause the plain ASS subtitles to flicker like crazy. This is on a HD4830, Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.11, & mplayer-vaapi-20100713.

The subtitle flickering is not present using (xvba-video_0.7.6-1_i386).
    I released 0.7.7 normally without your flickering problem. That one could have been caused by a combination of obsolete driver or other bugs. XVBA_VIDEO_PUTSURFACE_FAST=0 to disable the feature in 0.7.7.pre. This is the default for final 0.7.7.

Leave a comment:

• Green
    replied
    Starting from (xvba-video_0.7.7.pre1-1_i386), ASS Karaoke effects used in conjunction with plain ASS subtitles, cause the plain ASS subtitles to flicker like crazy. This is on a HD4830, Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.11, & mplayer-vaapi-20100713.

The subtitle flickering is not present using (xvba-video_0.7.6-1_i386).

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by evolution View Post
    Yes it is...

This problem is also happening on Windows 7... I don't know what happened to recent ATI drivers, but this card in the decoded H264 and VC-1 videos properly on Windows Vista / Windows 7 before. Now, it doesn't (in both Windows and linux Catalyst drivers...).
    With relative recent versions of xvba-video and Catalyst Linux 10.x (between Catalyst 10.4 and Catalyst 10.7), we could decode videos properly with a UVD1 card. Now (with catalyst 10.8-10.12), nothing.

Cheers

p.s.: Btw, UVD2 cards (HD4xxx and higher) seem to work properly with recent Catalysts... (Tested on my desktop's HD4650, with Catalyst 10.12)
    Yeah I was just reading on another forum in a thread about the windows driver that a lot of people were getting green garbled playback flash videos like I got with vaapi in linux.

Leave a comment:

• evolution
    replied
    Yes, it is... We're out of luck

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    So UVD1 cards are fucked for vaapi? I've been trying to get vaapi working with my hd2600 with mplayer-vaapi and vlc and ended up with the same libraries as you but unfortunately my output is always totally garbled.
    Yes it is...

This problem is also happening on Windows 7... I don't know what happened to recent ATI drivers, but this card in the decoded H264 and VC-1 videos properly on Windows Vista / Windows 7 before. Now, it doesn't (in both Windows and linux Catalyst drivers...).
    With relative recent versions of xvba-video and Catalyst Linux 10.x (between Catalyst 10.4 and Catalyst 10.7), we could decode videos properly with a UVD1 card. Now (with catalyst 10.8-10.12), nothing.

Cheers

p.s.: Btw, UVD2 cards (HD4xxx and higher) seem to work properly with recent Catalysts... (Tested on my desktop's HD4650, with Catalyst 10.12)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X