Originally posted by Qaridarium
    "Q, that is. "

i really shoult shot myself in the heat for not shut up my mouth,,,
    You really need to quit spoiling the surprises for everyone :P

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL
    Q, that is.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL

Leave a comment:

• popper
    replied
    Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    Can you test xvba-video 0.7.7.pre2. If it works, I will make it final and switch to 0.8.x-series for probably OVDECODE_API.
    Interesting

if you Just Happen to also add the ability to pass these decoded OVD_NV12_INTERLEAVED_AMD = 1, // NV12 Linear Interleaved frames to a pipe or whatever for feeding directly to x264/FFmpeg etc as a quick generic Test option , that would be a 'VERY GOOD Thing' in the long term too Perhaps

Leave a comment:

• eldar
    replied
    Originally posted by mibo View Post
    With the new Cat 10.12 driver for Windows there are OpenCL functions covering video decoding.
    Are these functions a standard that can be used (maybe in the future) with other vendors gpus, too?
    Will this replace the XvBA library?

\bin\x86\OVDecode.dll
    \include\OVDecode\OVDecode.h
    \include\OVDecode\OVDecodeTypes.h
    \lib\x86\OVDecode.lib

Does it mean that OpenCL is capable of providing a low level backend for video acceleration? I'm deciding now which GPU to buy ATI or NVIDIA, and one of the things that hold me off from ATI, is the lack of VDPAU which was recently used in accelerating Flash videos. It is quite frustrating to watch them being real slow while Windows has no such issues. Now since OpenCL provides primitives for video acceleration, is it possible to implement VDPAU API on top of OpenCL. VDPAU is an open API as it is stated on the wikipedia page, and there are even sources available. Is it feasible to do so? (I could even try doing it myself, but sadly I have no experience working with video-codecs whatsoever).

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    Can you test xvba-video 0.7.7.pre2. If it works, I will make it final and switch to 0.8.x-series for probably OVDECODE_API.
    :-)
    Hopefully the video playing future with ovdecode_api is now brighter than with this buggy xvba.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by javonera View Post
    My HD5850 is working OK now, just by using XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by mibo View Post
    With the new Cat 10.12 driver for Windows there are OpenCL functions covering video decoding.
    Are these functions a standard that can be used (maybe in the future) with other vendors gpus, too?

\bin\x86\OVDecode.dll
    \lib\x86\OVDecode.lib

The Linux files are available here:
    http://download2-developer.amd.com/a...v2.3-lnx32.tgz
    http://download2-developer.amd.com/a...v2.3-lnx64.tgz

They contain the same files. So yes, we can get rid of XvBA. The API looks like XvBA but I don't know if the same limitations apply.

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    OpenCL video decoding

\bin\x86\OVDecode.dll
    \lib\x86\OVDecode.lib

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    When you use xvba-video 0.7.7+ this is default.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X