ATI R600/700 3D Support In Fedora 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    Typical with DLP's. Might be time to upgrade to LCD.
    I got the DLP because it is 73" (80" is available too). It'll be a while before LCD, LED, or plasma can hit that size at decent prices.

Comment

I have to say I will be looking forward to the benchmarks when .32 is released properly, I recon the advances in 33 will be a big step up..........

Imagine Ati accelatration out of the box for all distro...... reason why I brough an ATI card to show apprication (bargin as well )

Comment

you guys are a bit impatient.

2.6.32 isn't even out yet and this is redhat's beta backport, can't expect miracles. But this does mean by ubuntu 10.10 there should be good support. (10.04 from what I heard will have 2.6.31 which is a shame but what can you do)

But it's a nice preview article. There has been an howto on arch forums about how this works, but I'm currently on the openCL beta drivers which work well on 2.6.31.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post

2.6.32 isn't even out yet and this is redhat's beta backport, can't expect miracles. But this does mean by ubuntu 10.10 there should be good support. (10.04 from what I heard will have 2.6.31 which is a shame but what can you do)
          Ubuntu 10.04 will probably get Linux 2.6.33 or 2.6.34.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            my bad seems you're correct.

Comment

Multiple display !

Ok 3D is good...but...what about simple things like 2D acceleration available for EVERY users connected ... for now, only the first user to login has direct acceleration....

Comment

I didn't even needed to restart the system after installing the package. AMD64 and radeonhd3200/3850.

Comment

Is this Mesa build exclusive to Fedora or will be available for other distributions too? I'm one of those GNU/Linux users that wouldn't know what to do outside of Ubuntu,

Comment

@Phoronix: Did you test Apple trailer playback?

That would be really interesting to hear about as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post

But it's a nice preview article. There has been an howto on arch forums about how this works, but I'm currently on the openCL beta drivers which work well on 2.6.31.
                      Could you maybe provide the source for that?

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                      That's exactly what I figured as well, and it wouldn't make any sense to stick with 2.6.31 for Lucid. It's not like the kernel has had major stability issues for final releases AFAIK.

Comment

Working...
                      X