AMD Catalyst 9.10 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Nope. The fglrx beta program is closed to the general public and you need to sign a NDA to join. There are leaked copies of the beta drivers out there if one is so inclined to search, usually posted by individuals who don't care about contracts or managed to hack into tester's email accounts (or the mailing list itself).

Comment

Actually, that link *is* the 9.11 beta talked about in this forum.

Comment

9.11 Beta drivers are part of a closed-beta.

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Actually, that link *is* the 9.11 beta talked about in this forum.

I'll wait. I don't much like beta-ware, since I'm not a developer/coder. People don't seem to have patience anymore these days.

When 9.11 comes-out of Beta, I'll shift back from other projects to the box I put the 5770 into. I'm out of practice dishing and planishing, anyway. (My Japanese bosses are in a tizzy over some things, so fiddling with software isn't enough of a frustration-release right now. Luckily for me, cold-working metal is. )

The links all say:

Login
        You must be logged in to download tools from AMD Developer Central

But yes, that is the page, if you are a part of the beta-group:

Linux? (openSUSE? 11.0, Ubuntu? 9.04)
        ati-opencl-beta-driver-v2.0-beta4-lnx.zip (82.3MB) 10/13/2009 32-bit / 64-bit Required to run ATI Stream SDK v2.0-beta4 on AMD GPUs on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux?
        ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta4-lnx32.tgz (24.0MB)
        10/13/2009 32-bit ATI Stream SDK built for 32-bit Linux?
        ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta4-lnx64.tgz (42.5MB)
        10/13/2009 64-bit ATI Stream SDK built for 64-bit Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by skytja View Post
          I'll wait. I don't much like beta-ware, since I'm not a developer/coder. People don't seem to have patience anymore these days.

When 9.11 comes-out of Beta, I'll shift back from other projects to the box I put the 5770 into. I'm out of practice dishing and planishing, anyway. (My Japanese bosses are in a tizzy over some things, so fiddling with software isn't enough of a frustration-release right now. Luckily for me, cold-working metal is. )

The links all say:

Login
          You must be logged in to download tools from AMD Developer Central

But yes, that is the page, if you are a part of the beta-group:

Linux? (openSUSE™ 11.0, Ubuntu? 9.04)
          ati-opencl-beta-driver-v2.0-beta4-lnx.zip (82.3MB) 10/13/2009 32-bit / 64-bit Required to run ATI Stream SDK v2.0-beta4 on AMD GPUs on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux?
          ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta4-lnx32.tgz (24.0MB)
          10/13/2009 32-bit ATI Stream SDK built for 32-bit Linux?
          ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-beta4-lnx64.tgz (42.5MB)
          10/13/2009 64-bit ATI Stream SDK built for 64-bit Linux?
          You don't need to be part of the beta group to download these files. Just create an account on amd.com and you can download them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            You don't need to be part of the beta group to download these files. Just create an account on amd.com and you can download them.
            Which I did and they do recognise my HD5770 card. But I have encountered a number of bugs with them that pretty much make them unusable, as they destabilise the system and corrupt video in some of the main apps I use (wine and MythTV). I have my fingers crossed that beta testers in the closed beta caught these bugs but I seem to have no way to give feedback to the developers.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFrog View Post
              Which I did and they do recognise my HD5770 card. But I have encountered a number of bugs with them that pretty much make them unusable, as they destabilise the system and corrupt video in some of the main apps I use (wine and MythTV). I have my fingers crossed that beta testers in the closed beta caught these bugs but I seem to have no way to give feedback to the developers.
              The 9.11 drivers are supposed to include official support for 57x0, so (with some luck) these issues may be fixed...

Comment

Working...
              X