No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.10 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must enable vsync for opengl globally to get tearfree opengl playback. xv ist crap as usual.

Comment

Mmh. Does not work in Rawhide (or at least, not easily, and that is as far as I went to try it out):

Code:
      $ glxinfo 
      name of display: :0.0
      X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
        Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)
        Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
        Serial number of failed request:  16
        Current serial number in output stream:  16
      And this suggests someone will have to take Secure Programming 101 again:

Code:
      $ glxinfo 
      glxinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
      Hardware acceleration will apparently only work if the stack can be marked executable. That probably is the way it has always been and maybe SELinux has become a bit less tolerant about this, but still, this being 2009, an executable stack seems a bit, well, let's call it 'odd'. Anyway, I am not a kernel programer of course: maybe there are a kazillion good reasons to mark your stack executable, in which case I'll happily take back this lil' ol' rant.

Comment

Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
        Did you install all kernel dev packages? I have the following kernel packages installed:

kernel-desktop
        kernel-desktop-devel
        kernel-source

I just have had kernel-source, I installed the two other but its still the same.

Comment

You need kernel headers only.

Comment

Originally posted by shinigami View Post
            I just have had kernel-source, I installed the two other but its still the same.
            Option 1: Trace down the missing dependency - check the respective log files (sorry I do not have time to do this)

Option 2 (aka brute force): Install all "relevant" development schemes (base, c/c++, kernel)

Comment

Working...
            X