• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
    And what's this, besides a "nyah, nyah, I know something you don't?"
    LOL

(damn text minimum)

Comment

Originally posted by homerhomer View Post
      I've done it! ATI stopped supporting my hardware (x300) on my laptop and I started to use the Open Source driver and honestly it's better that any of the close source drivers. And just out of spite I got my friend to move to Nvidia. YAY!
      Jeebus. What did your "friend" do to to you that you treat him like that?

Comment

Here they are, and they seem good...

Comment

Originally posted by claudius View Post
          I see no reason to install this unless they fixed xv or the slow resize/maximize issue with compiz/kwin. Stable 2.6.32 kernel should be coming out soon with open source 3d and kms for r600/r700.
          Have you tried to rebuild your xserver with the xserver-xorg-backclear.patch (do not confuse it with the no-backfill patch!):

http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8035730&postcount=30

On openSUSE 11.2 RC 1 this gives me fast desktop effects. Fullscreen flash videos are still off limits, but it is a start. As soon as openSUSE 11.2 is released, I will provide pre-built packages.

Dominik

Comment

Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
            Have you tried to rebuild your xserver with the xserver-xorg-backclear.patch (do not confuse it with the no-backfill patch!):

http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8035730&postcount=30

On openSUSE 11.2 RC 1 this gives me fast desktop effects. Fullscreen flash videos are still off limits, but it is a start. As soon as openSUSE 11.2 is released, I will provide pre-built packages.

Dominik
            FullScreen Flash Video with compiz seems to be working. Tested youtube HD with compiz on with Midori/GTK+Webkit worked pretty well. Little tearing but not anything that was serious and it mainly appeared when lights / colors flickered in large amounts.

Just make sure Flash is actually using the video card ( a common problem with Compiz on ).

open your text editor as root mousepad / gedit etc
            Ex: gksudo mousepad
            in it write the line
            OverrideGPUValidation=1
            save the file as /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
            Flash will stop checking if compiz is on to disable acceleration and actually use it even if compiz is on. Then you'll have Flash with near the Performance it does in Windows BTW.
            Another thing I'm working if this actually has, at least partial, DRI2 support as Flash didn't crash from being hardware accelerated and running under compiz in full screen.
            Last edited by TheWind; 23 October 2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWind View Post
              Just make sure Flash is actually using the video card ( a common problem with Compiz on ).
              OverrideGPUValidation=1
              save the file as /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
              Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately it does not work for me with kwin/kde 4.3 (openSUSE 11.2 RC 1 - 64bit, tested with 32-bit and 64-bit flash plugin). I will try to test it on compiz/gnome and 11.1 later on.

Dominik

Comment

Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
                Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately it does not work for me with kwin/kde 4.3 (openSUSE 11.2 RC 1 - 64bit, tested with 32-bit and 64-bit flash plugin). I will try to test it on compiz/gnome and 11.1 later on.

Dominik
                Strange alright. I'm using the 64bit flash under Ubuntu 9.10 on he HD3200 IGP So there could be some other things in play here also. Normally use Openbox,but on new catalysts releases I test out compiz and the run. Of course another thing is the fact that Kwin doesn't have the work arounds Compiz does,because they are pretty much ugly hacks to work with the horrible drivers of the past.
                Last edited by TheWind; 23 October 2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
                  Yeah, they're not off to a good start with the broken links.
                  At least both the version listed in the title part of the table and the version column part of the table agree for this release...

Last version it was 9.9 in the title/file name, but 9.8 in the version column entry...

...downloading now, just too see if my misc problems have been magically fixed... but I've grown accustomed to the inevitable disappointment...

[EDIT]
                  Wow! They finally fixed the superuser menu item for CCC... can't tell if anything else was fixed yet since I've only been up with it for about a minute now... (Ubuntu 9.04... guess I can remove my fixed menu item now...)
                  [/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
                  Character selection screen for Guild Wars is no longer a garbled mess... now to see if the X3 Reunion menu renders properly... not sure if either of these would have been catalyst bugs or wine bugs though...

might even try turning on compiz again this time and see if I can successfully awake from sleep AND play videos w/o freezing...
                  [/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]
                  Ooops... X3 Reunion menu is garbled worse than ever.. wineserver lockup -> kill -> catalyst forgot my screen resolution -> CCC -> change resolution -> CCC crashes... one(maybe two) fixes so far ...

I'll give them a pass for now on the CCC crash unless it happens again...
                  [/EDIT3]
                  Last edited by cutterjohn; 23 October 2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

SOLVED: Fullscreen flash under compiz/kwin4 is working

Full-screen flash under compiz/kwin4 is now working under openSUSE 11.2 (64-bit, HP Elitebook 8530p, Radeon HD Mobility 3650).

After adding theses two options to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
                    Code:
                    OverrideGPUValidation=1
                    WindowlessDisable=true
                    flash full-screen videos just work fine.

At the moment this only works with the 32-bit flash-player coming with the distribution using nspluginwrapper. The 64-bit plug-in (installed under ~/.mozilla/plugins) still nearly brings the system to halt. Maybe it does not read the contents of /etc/adobe/mms.cfg.

Thanks to TheWind for pointing me into the right direction!

Comment

Well I braved compiz/beryl enabled plus sleeping again, and after leaving the notrbook asleep for c. 10m it awoke fine, but other compiz/beryl related oddities/annoyances force me to turn it right back off. (In some full screen apps, the base desktop background would suddenly redraw/replacing the app UI for a few seconds on some mouse moves.)

The problem with various areas of the screen being drawn only in black is still there, although I only observed it one time in a few hours of use. I still think that might be frame buffer related and not particular to any app(unless it's exposing an X.org problem) as it occurs with any 2D app that I run...)

After that I had to switch back to actual windows for a while to run a few apps that cannot run under wine yet(maybe ever/.net reliance).

Did not try video playback at all w/ compiz/beryl enabled(or or disabled)... yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X