Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.10 Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    OverrideGPUValidation=1
    WindowlessDisable=true
    @dgrafenhofer:

    works fine here, it's somewhat jerky but fullscreen isn't at least not as slow as before

    @8of9:

    disable compositing before you get your box to sleep or try s2ram and some additional "voodoo" tricks with it (sending it to VT / console before suspending) that should make it work

    I don't get corruption (I've only tested suspend with compiz and 9.10_beta from ubuntu / not yet with the official 9.10)

    good luck !


    @bridgman / AMD:

    I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of 9.10's new feature

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
      @dgrafenhofer:

      OverrideGPUValidation=1
      WindowlessDisable=true

      works fine here, it's somewhat jerky but fullscreen isn't at least not as slow as before
      To be honest I think that I misinterpreted the facts before. It seems that adding

      UnredirectFullscreen=false

      under the section [Compositing] of the ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc file triggered flash fullscreen video to work.

      Comment


      • #23
        compilation on opensuse 11.2 rc1

        Hello,
        I have tried it on fresh opensuse 11.2 installation and I am still not able to compile fglrx 9.10, it always finishes with "Package build failed!" I have installed everything contained in "Linux Installer Note", kernel sources, ... but no change.. Could someone, who was more successfull, export a list of installed packages for me? Thanx!

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by shinigami View Post
          opensuse 11.2/fglrx 9.10:

          it always finishes with "Package build failed!" I have installed everything contained in "Linux Installer Note", kernel sources, ... but no change.. Could someone, who was more successfull, export a list of installed packages for me? Thanx!
          Did you install all kernel dev packages? I have the following kernel packages installed:

          kernel-desktop
          kernel-desktop-devel
          kernel-source

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
            To be honest I think that I misinterpreted the facts before. It seems that adding

            UnredirectFullscreen=false

            under the section [Compositing] of the ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc file triggered flash fullscreen video to work.
            If you do that, say goodbye to vsync in mplayer.

            Btw, I'm not sure how fullscreen flash doesn't or isn't supposed to work. What's the problem? If there is one, I'm not seeing it on my HD4870 on Gentoo AMD64 (with 64-bit Flash) :P

            Comment


            • #26
              Hmm, interesting line in the resolved issues of the release notes -

              Playback with UVD acceleration no longer causes Mplayer to terminate abruptly or
              display blank video

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                Btw, I'm not sure how fullscreen flash doesn't or isn't supposed to work. What's the problem? If there is one, I'm not seeing it on my HD4870 on Gentoo AMD64 (with 64-bit Flash) :P
                The problem is that running full screen flash without this option nearly crashes my hp elitebook 8530p (low framerate, 100% cpu usage, choppy playback, graphics card heating up,...)... in one word: completely unusable (and potentially dangerous to the hardware)

                I still have to check mplayer in depth. A first look did not expose any difference compared to not setting the option.

                Comment


                • #28
                  @legume

                  Maybe they did not use the "right" testfiles, i would consider it as joke.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
                    I still have to check mplayer in depth. A first look did not expose any difference compared to not setting the option.
                    It's impossible for mplayer (or any other app) to do vsync with this option for the same reason it's impossible in windowed mode.

                    Of course if you don't have vsync enabled in the first place, you won't see any difference; it will tear just like always.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      Of course if you don't have vsync enabled in the first place, you won't see any difference; it will tear just like always.
                      On my hardware the tearing is nearly not noticable (or I am too blind to properly recognize it), so I prefer working fullscreen flash and tearing over non-fullscreen flash.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X