Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, something like that.

Only one rotor, though...
    Last edited by bridgman; 24 October 2009, 02:47 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

It's an X2.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
        Hmmm... well since I just got around to looking this does seem to be the 9.11 beta... the 9.10 string is 8.661 or something ike that and the "ati-opencl-driver-beta4 is fglrx-9.67... what ever it really is it still works on my fedora 11 boot and 9.10 does NOT! So i'm sticking with the beta driver for now...
        good for you, my fedora hardlocks after about 30 mins of use, i had to turn on SWCursor, but i have mouse artefacts now but this is the first fglrx that can detects my monitor's real refresh rate and not instantly crashes after login without swcursor

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
          good for you, my fedora hardlocks after about 30 mins of use, i had to turn on SWCursor, but i have mouse artefacts now but this is the first fglrx that can detects my monitor's real refresh rate and not instantly crashes after login without swcursor
          its seems ok now with new kernel: 2.6.30.9-90.fc11.x86_64

Comment

xorg server 1.7

Does the beta driver work with XOrg7.5/XOrgServer1.7?

Comment

why should 9-12 support 1.7?
              does Ubuntu use it?
              nope
              Opensuse?
              nope
              fedora?
              nope

so.. without any of the supported distros using it, why should 9.12 support 1.7? To satisfy gentoo ~ARCH users?

I hope it does, so I can shrink my package.mask/ directoy a bit...

Comment

Qaridarium, you are claiming that the upcoming driver or the one after that will be the best thing since sliced bread for a long time now. You talk a lot of upcoming greatness, you rile people up and when amd does not deliver what you promised, THEY get the flak.

Sadly, AMD are the one who get it, instead of you.

So lets just say, I take everything you say with a huge spoon of salt and recommend the same to everybody else.

Instead I point out AMDs three month cycle, the fact they develop for released software and look what the supported Distris use.

All three things point to 10.01 or 10.02 and not earlier.

There might be other cool stuff coming up earlier, but 1.7 support? I really doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                  why should 9-12 support 1.7?
                  does Ubuntu use it?
                  nope
                  Opensuse?
                  nope
                  fedora?
                  nope

so.. without any of the supported distros using it, why should 9.12 support 1.7? To satisfy gentoo ~ARCH users?

I hope it does, so I can shrink my package.mask/ directoy a bit...
                  You can have 1.7 in Ubuntu and openSUSE just fine. There are repos for it.

Comment

but are these the official supported repos?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      uuuhh??? why so hard?

i think its not so healthy for you to be in the the beta/NDA program.
                      maybe. Or maybe not. I will not talk about upcoming releases and their features, that for sure

I am just saying that instead of claiming this and that, people should try to think for a moment. 1.7.1 is just out, 3 month cycle, add some uncertainty - 10.2 or 10.3 become reasonable. The support may come earlier, which would be nice or later which would not be as nice. It will come at some point, but the stuff everybody could read here on phoronix about dev cycles, released software as basis, what are the supported distros using, etc will tell you that. Probably 3 to 4 month away. Which isn't that bad. When Ubuntu 10.4 or Opensuse 12.1 or Fedora wtf is out fglrx will certaily support the xserver they are using.
                      Until then you don't miss anything not using 1.7. And other stuff that will be included in the mean time (like less bugs) are much more important, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                      X