Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    How does World of Goo play currently?

Leave a comment:

• Erikina
    replied
    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Afaik Mesa in Fedora Rawhide isn't compiled with r600 driver. You get OpenGL trivially by recompiling Mesa.
    Much easier:

su -
    <enter password>
    yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental

Leave a comment:

• Erikina
    replied
    Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
    Thanks, by the way which version of the kernel does the latest version have (before I install)?
    [root@fedz ~]# uname -a
    Linux fedz 2.6.31.1-56.fc12.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Sep 29 16:16:22 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    Originally posted by Erikina View Post
    http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/

Choose between "desktop" (gnome) and "kde". (or just grab the alpha on the site, and yum update)
    Thanks, by the way which version of the kernel does the latest version have (before I install)?

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Not sure if all of the bits for KMS/DRI2/OpenGL on 6xx/7xx are in yet (although I thought they were) but for 5xx/rs6xx and below everything should be in place for sure.
    Afaik Mesa in Fedora Rawhide isn't compiled with r600 driver. You get OpenGL trivially by recompiling Mesa.

Leave a comment:

• Erikina
    replied
    Daily Builds

Choose between "desktop" (gnome) and "kde". (or just grab the alpha on the site, and yum update)

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    If you want the newest open source driver stack including Kernel Modesetting, GEM/TTM, DRI2, and the highest level of OpenGL support then you might want to try the latest Fedora builds - they have all the new features included and enabled by default.

I'm not sure about whether the current level of support is sufficient for WOW or CS 1.6, maybe someone else can comment on that.
    I had CS1.6 running on my 4850, so it should run even better on an R500.

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    Which Fedora builds in paticular would have most of these features (guessing a snapshot of F12)? Links please.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    KMS/DRI2/OpenGL are working on r6xx/r7xx hardware with drm-next and git master of mesa and xf86-video-ati.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X