No announcement yet.

Various graphic bugs with radeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used it but I'm pretty sure it's uninstalled completely.

Comment

Originally posted by moritz View Post
      I used it but I'm pretty sure it's uninstalled completely.
      See this (for Ubuntu, but commands should work with Debian): https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troublesho...thRadeonDriver

Comment

As I said before: it's completely uninstalled...

Comment

As I said before: it's completely uninstalled...
          No, you said you were "pretty sure", which means you should look at the document and MAKE sure.

Comment

Oh come on... I AM sure and I KNOW it is completely uninstalled.

Comment

ATI support in Linux is AWFUL! You're screwed if you have ATI hardware. If you have a desktop though, at least you can get out of the predicament. But, if you have a laptop, you are royally screwed.

ATI can't even support the older cards so you have owners of GeForce 6200 cards, for e.g., having better support and better features (plus less problems) than newer ATI hardware (which can't work).

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                ATI support in Linux is AWFUL! You're screwed if you have ATI hardware. If you have a desktop though, at least you can get out of the predicament. But, if you have a laptop, you are royally screwed.

ATI can't even support the older cards so you have owners of GeForce 6200 cards, for e.g., having better support and better features (plus less problems) than newer ATI hardware (which can't work).
                I understand that a troll might be fealing a bit excited after just getting out from under the bridge but could you please come to your sense in some other way than talking utter silliness on the section for opensource drivers which do support older hardware too.

Comment

I love trolls....

Comment

I love trolls....
                    They're delicious.

Oh yeah... and I'm rather pleased with the open source support for my R500 based laptop. The closed source drivers always had visual artifacts and crashed on a regular basis.

Comment

So, stating a FACT makes me a troll, huh? Yeah, oooookay...

Comment

Working...
                      X