No announcement yet.

Radeon OpenGL 2.0 support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also the GL_VENDOR string is not an extension. I think agd5f was saying that apps should check for the specific extensions they use.
    Test signature

Comment

Is there some particular reason why a graphics chip can't have the DRM junk built in to, say, the video decoder (UVD)?

I.e. read raw encrypted crap from BD drive --> dump straight out to video decoder hardware --> HDMI... without any driver involvement in the decrypt process? Wouldn't that solve ALL the problems?

1) Linux would be able to play encrypted DRM crap, which helps out with the whole linux market share problem.
      2) Drivers can be fully open source for all OS.
      3) Driver doesn't need 3rd party checkups... just the hardware and/or firmware.

Comment

In principle no, but it would make the hardware more expensive and would reduce flexibility in the environments which do require DRM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
          You need to update mesa. Newer versions report the vendor like this:
          Well that is good news, I didn't know that.

Unfortunately, there currently are no newer mesa drivers available for Fedora 11, not even in the updates-testing repo. And I have not seen updates there for a long while. So I guess that they will not be available for F11 anymore and I will have to wait for F12 to come.

Regards.

Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
            You need to update mesa. Newer versions report the vendor like this:
            This is GL_RENDERER, not GL_VENDOR.

Comment

Richard just pushed work-in-process flow control code for 6xx/7xx, which I think was the main thing missing for GLSL.
              Test signature

Comment

Does this mean we will soon have OpenGL 2.0 with GLSL on Radeon 2xxx 3xxx and 4xxx?

Comment

and what about r300 (r300-r500)? will it get GLSL too?

Comment

support for r3xx-r5xx is in progress in the r300 gallium driver. glsl support was started:

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      Richard just pushed work-in-process flow control code for 6xx/7xx, which I think was the main thing missing for GLSL.
                      Thanks for the heads-up. I am compiling now! Any recommendations on programs to test this new code out?

EDIT: Err, I guess I got too anxious. This may be a huge chunk of prerequisite code, but the mesa glsl demos still don't run. Nevertheless, it is really great to see how rapidly the open-source ATI stack is coming together.

Code:
                      $ ./noise
                      Mesa: Mesa 7.8-devel DEBUG build Nov 18 2009 19:12:43
                      Sorry, GLSL not supported with this OpenGL.
                      and
                      Code:
                      $ ./convolutions
                      Sorry, this program requires GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, and GL_ARB_fragment_shader
                      Last edited by DanL; 18 November 2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X